tc electronics

- ask away
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

tc electronics

Post by plaster »

anyone owning konnekt 8 scoundcard perhaps? i would like to hear user opinions on it.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
Alphajuno
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Alphajuno »

Got the Konnekt 24D.

Top notch convertors, great preamps, straight foward software.

Be careful it seems to be a bit sketchy on some systems but ive not had any probs.

The DSP on the 24D is good too. Amazing transparent reverb and good quality compressor.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

Alphajuno wrote:Got the Konnekt 24D.

Top notch convertors, great preamps, straight foward software.

Be careful it seems to be a bit sketchy on some systems but ive not had any probs.

The DSP on the 24D is good too. Amazing transparent reverb and good quality compressor.

i decided to buy 24D because the dealer didn't manage to get ahold of konnekt 8. the price is quite reasonable, so i thought why not. you running mac or pc? i hope it doesn't give headaches for win users. gonna order it on monday.
Alphajuno
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Alphajuno »

Im on the PC, its Mac users that are having the issues.

The Fx are worth the cash especially if you are recording 'real' instruments that need something a bit more transparent and clean.

Have fun :)
fredrik_h
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fredrik_h »

have had the TC D-Two delay and TC M3000 reverb. Great units, however: the M3000 was not my type of reverb, it was too transparent and realistic for my taste.

great customer support, I had crappy buttons on my D-TWO (the unit itself was used too)... without hesitation they sent me a complete new set when I just simply had asked what could be wrong.

I don't know about their audio interfaces, but I trust them.
spyromus
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by spyromus »

Purchased K8 the other week. A good friend of mine has K24D running with his Mac and recommends it highly. He says their firmware / drivers are a bit fresh and there are some glitches when you launch some software while playing, but their developers promised to fix it ASAP and they keep their words so far.

K8 is on the same engine minus some I/O and FX, according to TC. Hope to get it really soon. Actually, it can be knocking at my door every minute. :)
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

a bit long on reply...well, i bought 24D, had some problems installing it. apparently the setup described in install manual doesn't work like that. atleast it didn't for me, cuz i went on installing it the other way around which wasnt reccomended. lol. a bit dissapointing that the company didn't make the whole hardware top notch. i expected it to work the same second i pluged it in, but it didn't. little audio dropouts. i hope tc will fix that soon.
fredrik_h
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fredrik_h »

plaster wrote:a bit long on reply...well, i bought 24D, had some problems installing it. apparently the setup described in install manual doesn't work like that. atleast it didn't for me, cuz i went on installing it the other way around which wasnt reccomended. lol. a bit dissapointing that the company didn't make the whole hardware top notch. i expected it to work the same second i pluged it in, but it didn't. little audio dropouts. i hope tc will fix that soon.
welcome to wonderful world of computers vs. external hardware. ;)