Stephen Hawking-voice program?

- ask away
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

I don't know if a crack exists for it but blind clients of mine use something called ZoomText and the voice it generates is awesome.

It's what Marc Leclair used for his David Scott album.

Montréal, ville nouvelle.
So fucking awesome.
Steve Edwards
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Steve Edwards »

you can use the narrator in the accessibility features in Windows. That's how I did the vocals for Girls Like Robots :)
apanell
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by apanell »

On Macintosh what I do is use Apple's text2speech while using AudioHijack to capture the audio.
Red Kite
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Red Kite »

Haha, that little thing makes really funny sounds. Take a look at this:

aiueo

Did this just for fun in about 30min. It's done with a sample created with typing in stuff like leeeeaaaaiiiiiiuuuuuusseeeeeeoooooo in SayIt and adjusting the parameters and it sounds really freaky. :D

I think ten years ago it could have been a hit! :lol:
"In my life I widened a lot of holes!" (Jeff Milligan, talking about slipmats)
Ingemar
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ingemar »

Stephen Hawkins uses a program that's called something like Dreamtalk, and what makes it so pricey is the sucking straw interface it comes bundled with
Red Kite
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Red Kite »

Maybe just ask Steven Hawking to make vocals for you. Maybe he'd like to do it! :D
"In my life I widened a lot of holes!" (Jeff Milligan, talking about slipmats)
apanell
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by apanell »

Hawking uses DECTalk. It's old hardware.

cheers
apanell
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by 58525 »

Here's a bit of info from Stephen's webpage:

http://www.hawking.org.uk/disable/dindex.html

"...a computer expert in California, called Walt Woltosz, heard of my plight. He sent me a computer program he had written, called Equalizer. This allowed me to select words from a series of menus on the screen, by pressing a switch in my hand. The program could also be controlled by a switch, operated by head or eye movement. When I have built up what I want to say, I can send it to a speech synthesizer. At first, I just ran the Equalizer program on a desk top computer.
However David Mason, of Cambridge Adaptive Communication, fitted a small portable computer and a speech synthesizer to my wheel chair. This system allowed me to communicate much better than I could before. I can manage up to 15 words a minute. I can either speak what I have written, or save it to disk. I can then print it out, or call it back and speak it sentence by sentence. Using this system, I have written a book, and dozens of scientific papers. I have also given many scientific and popular talks. They have all been well received. I think that is in a large part due to the quality of the speech synthesiser, which is made by Speech Plus. One's voice is very important. If you have a slurred voice, people are likely to treat you as mentally deficient: Does he take sugar? This synthesiser is by far the best I have heard, because it varies the intonation, and doesn't speak like a Dalek. The only trouble is that it gives me an American accent."

Jeff