mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Bakar »

Great Release! :twisted:
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

Red Kite wrote:I absolutely don't agree. Especially when it's some artist I've never heard of I'm in the position to have a most unbiased opinion about what I hear, and therefore I'm in the best position to state an honest opinion about the music. If we only comment on records of my favourite artist or - even better - my personal friends, then it doesn't make sense to discuss anything at all.

I think this forum needs a lot more conflicting opinions about the music "discussed" here, but since most artists are members here as well I think most people here just don't dare to state their honest opinions freely because they don't want to fall out with the artists (or their friends and wannabe-friends), the result being mostly superficial statements.
I agree with you. If people don't get checked from time to time they'll continue down a path that the producer as well as the fans are unsure of. There is a lot of ass kissing and idol worship on this forum but you'll never get the people to admit it. It seems like people on this forum will only pay attention to threads concerning long time members' productions or the obviously big records.

I don't mind this new m-nus release and don't really have anything negative to say but it I don't think it's worth a 6 page thread. Now any other release by even moderately-known producers will surely get around 5 to 6 replies tops. This is pretty much how it goes on every forum but it just goes to show how close-minded, lazy, and sheepish fans can really be.
harold_f
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harold_f »

Red Kite wrote:
prenzlauer wrote: If it's a record from an artist I've never heard of, or from someone entirely outside my taste, theres no point in me saying I don't like it.
I absolutely don't agree. Especially when it's some artist I've never heard of I'm in the position to have a most unbiased opinion about what I hear, and therefore I'm in the best position to state an honest opinion about the music. If we only comment on records of my favourite artist or - even better - my personal friends, then it doesn't make sense to discuss anything at all.

I think this forum needs a lot more conflicting opinions about the music "discussed" here, but since most artists are members here as well I think most people here just don't dare to state their honest opinions freely because they don't want to fall out with the artists (or their friends and wannabe-friends), the result being mostly superficial statements.

good point.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Red Kite wrote:
prenzlauer wrote: If it's a record from an artist I've never heard of, or from someone entirely outside my taste, theres no point in me saying I don't like it.
I absolutely don't agree. Especially when it's some artist I've never heard of I'm in the position to have a most unbiased opinion about what I hear, and therefore I'm in the best position to state an honest opinion about the music. If we only comment on records of my favourite artist or - even better - my personal friends, then it doesn't make sense to discuss anything at all.

I agree on that one!
prenzlauer
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by prenzlauer »

Red Kite wrote:

Yeah, I actually agree with you - I was just stating my own behaviour when it comes to this forum - as I will more often than not avoid commenting on things I've never heard of before, if it's completely out of my taste - because then I'll seldom find anything constructive to say about it. If you can, that's definitely cool.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Nobody ever replys to my fear of flying posts :roll:
betzy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by betzy »

::BLM:: wrote:Nobody ever replys to my fear of flying posts :roll:
u should know promotion is kinda war :wink:
uebl