[Archipel 029] Marc Neyen - Crumbs (2007)

- wax
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

[Archipel 029] Marc Neyen - Crumbs (2007)

Post by pheek »

Title: "Crumbs"
Artist: Marc Neyen
Format: mp3
cat. arch029

Archipel welcomes Marc Neyen of Luxembourg to its growing roster of constantly surprising artists. He is a trained jazz musician having studied in University and with his first release ever, what better place than Archipel to express his funk fueled music. We are proud to present you with "Crumbs".

It begins with 'Mirror Maze' which starts off throbbing in the depths of a contorting imagination and bubbles its way through shifting sands of hypnotic rhythm and melody almost taking on a hue reminiscent a Steve Reich composition. 'Support the Cookie Monster' is an hypnotic journey of cerebral proportions which breaks out into luscious skittering drones flowing and forming geometrically organic mindscapes straight out of the deepest and darkest REM pattern.

Next is 'Tucan' which scatters about even more in expedited but in no way rushed manner and sends one's thoughts spiralling into mindphase shifting patterns of memory and precognition.

To close off this neuron exciting package is SozAdams' remix of 'Mirror Maze' which takes the original into ultra dark territories where movement and shadow are the prime inhabitants asking "Where is the exit." With this release, the exit leads only to infinitely more spaces of constantly shifting scope and perspective in a spiral of tantalisingly heady pathways.

This release will be on sale on Digital stores as Beatport for 3 months and then offered for free.
MicrominiKev
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MicrominiKev »

This track blew me away when Pheek played it in New York.

Awesome stuff.
http://www.myspace.com/iamambivalent

The Nerd Tank Radio Show
with Kevin & Camea

Podcast Available Here
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

Thanks Kev 8)
Its a pretty nice release, different than what we do but is so well produced!

People can also buy it on Archipel's mp3shop.archipel.cc
hi2uplz
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by hi2uplz »

damn i just got raped paying more then twice what archipel charges on beatport.. oh well another nice ep thx! 'support the cookie monster' 4 me
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

hi2uplz wrote:damn i just got raped paying more then twice what archipel charges on beatport.. oh well another nice ep thx! 'support the cookie monster' 4 me
????? what??? :shock:
hi2uplz
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by hi2uplz »

that means i paid $9.96 @ beatport instead of $4 @ mp3shop.archipel.cc, as long as the extra money goes towards those sexy beatport girls they have at trade shows then its alright i guess... :lol:
Danta
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Danta »

very great release,absolutely love it...i suppose vinyl stuff is coming soon?
djreagen
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by djreagen »

this release is a bomb!!! great originals and a great remix !!