Planet e goes digital!

- open
prenzlauer
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by prenzlauer »

pre-amp tango wrote:it's a 10 page discussion/interview on the advantages of digital and analog media (mp3 vs. vinyl)... so transcribing it would take a bit too long. i don't have a scanner handy, so you probably better hunt down a copy ;)
ok, I see your point ;)
Christ
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Christ »

So why don`t Villalobos want sell MP3s? Revenue to low....
Last edited by Christ on Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
antonio_pt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by antonio_pt »

he makes enough money on gigs alone. otherwise...

still, glad to see him stand up for vinyl like that.
Red Kite
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Red Kite »

Wasn't this about Planet E?

Anyway, I must admid I'm a bit disappointed you can find all of this old stuff on beatport so easily now. I spent years digging up all the great releases on that label... :roll:

Still it's good that good music is around legally for everyone now. I just wished more DJs would actually play them from time to time and not only the recent, or better, still unreleased stuff...
"In my life I widened a lot of holes!" (Jeff Milligan, talking about slipmats)
Christ
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Christ »

Red Kite wrote:Wasn't this about Planet E?

Anyway, I must admid I'm a bit disappointed you can find all of this old stuff on beatport so easily now. I spent years digging up all the great releases on that label... :roll:

Still it's good that good music is around legally for everyone now. I just wished more DJs would actually play them from time to time and not only the recent, or better, still unreleased stuff...
I think the older KDJ stuff etc on Planet E will still only be found on vinyl. The good thing about this is that you are not forced to pay the premium prices some of the vultures charge for rare records.
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

I still want Piece - "Free Your Mind" on Planet E from 1991. Vinyl or digital, I'd like to have it.
pre-amp tango
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pre-amp tango »

Christ wrote:

I think the older KDJ stuff etc on Planet E will still only be found on vinyl. The good thing about this is that you are not forced to pay the premium prices some of the vultures charge for rare records.
@christ: you're not forced to pay these prices. be patient, take your time, look around regularly and you'll find almost every record for a reasonable price - even if it takes more than a year. and those records you can't find for cheap... well that's probably the market price and not the vulture price.

@red kite: word.
Christ
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Christ »

pre-amp tango wrote:
Christ wrote:

@christ: you're not forced to pay these prices. be patient, take your time, look around regularly and you'll find almost every record for a reasonable price - even if it takes more than a year. and those records you can't find for cheap... well that's probably the market price and not the vulture price.

@red kite: word.
I am talking about people that buy 10 copies of say Convextion, in hope of selling it for a high price.