Glossy screen on macbook

- ask away
soapz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Glossy screen on macbook

Post by soapz »

Just about to get a macbook pro. This maybe stupid question but Im going to ask it anyway. Ive been into the apple shop and have seen the glossy screen seems alot sharper picture and it doesnt dim when you look at it from an angle.

The problem was I could see the reflection of the shop lights on the screen. Not a big problem, but in a dark room ie a club with big lights behind you, wouldnt it be impossible to see the screen? If there is not much difference then I think I will go with the glossy as I intend to use alot in the day also.
kahl_s
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Glossy screen on macbook

Post by kahl_s »

soapz wrote:Just about to get a macbook pro. This maybe stupid question but Im going to ask it anyway. Ive been into the apple shop and have seen the glossy screen seems alot sharper picture and it doesnt dim when you look at it from an angle.

The problem was I could see the reflection of the shop lights on the screen. Not a big problem, but in a dark room ie a club with big lights behind you, wouldnt it be impossible to see the screen? If there is not much difference then I think I will go with the glossy as I intend to use alot in the day also.
no worries, the glossy screens work good.
clinc
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by clinc »

glossy screen is okay... for graphic applications however, the matte finish is certainly going to be more accurate for color reasons.

now live music is a bit different.
glossy screen will work beautifully.
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

clinc wrote:glossy screen is okay... for graphic applications however, the matte finish is certainly going to be more accurate for color reasons.

now live music is a bit different.
glossy screen will work beautifully.
he might know something about this, I'd take his word for it. :wink:
observer
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by observer »

ye the glosy screens can be hard to see when outdoors with the laptop,
but in a night club there perfect!
trak660
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by trak660 »

I don't have a Mac, but my glossy HP screen is hard to see in sunlight.
It looks very nice indoors, though.