[Mnus49] Ambivalent - Ruok (EP)

- wax
betzy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by betzy »

pre-amp tango wrote: well, i'm not into that kind of lyrics (i've never been into overexcessive partying, taking drugs etc. and for me talking about that doesn't fit into dance music - but maybe i'm just too old for those things...)
i can understand your thought. im 20 (young or not!?) and i never took any pill or something...anyway i appreciate vocal cuz i think it has to be cosidered in a crazy way (the person who speaks doesn't feel so good LOL)...and out of opinions is something actually and to talk about to...btw the quality of the vocal is really good...i want also to quote jorgeds: it's the most interesting M-nus in a while, indeed!
pre-amp tango
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pre-amp tango »

see, i'm talking about a 30 sec snippet, so i haven't heard the full track yet. maybe it all makes sense and the snippet only contains a part of the lyrics that i personally don't like. so i'll wait for the full track until my final personal judgement. 8)

@betzy: btw - i'm just about to turn 34, so you're pretty young ;)
jpls
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jpls »

regardless of the actual sound of this record...it is to a point social
commentary which very heavily marks the time we are in.
so for me, this is a very interesting release.

plus...its some really sick techno...and a perfect soundtrack for
getting sleazy/fucked up.
pre-amp tango
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pre-amp tango »

good point, jpls - fully comprehensible ;)
nierika
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nierika »

Don't care for the drug-themed vocals and that track has already been hammered to death by the usual suspects anyway (I wish there was a dub mix).

Side B = hot
Tom Dazing
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Tom Dazing »

every time i listen to a mnus record i am amazed how fully well mastered this is! can somebody tell me where they get this sh!t mixed down? ;D

the combination of ambivalent's deep throbbing basslines and vocals is amazing, great release! congratz!
.camea.
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by .camea. »

Tom Dazing wrote:every time i listen to a mnus record i am amazed how fully well mastered this is! can somebody tell me where they get this sht mixed down? ;D

the combination of ambivalent's deep throbbing basslines and vocals is amazing, great release! congratz!

Tim Xavier actually mixed down these tunes with Kevin and cut the laquers. His also cuts for Ghostly, Spectral, Wagon Repair, Esperanza, Alphahouse, Archipel, Clink, Klickhaus, Stock 5, Thema, and more. You can find more info at www.manmademastering.com.
Last edited by .camea. on Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

.camea. wrote:
Tom Dazing wrote:every time i listen to a mnus record i am amazed how fully well mastered this is! can somebody tell me where they get this sht mixed down? ;D

Tim Xavier actually mixed down these tunes with Kevin and cut the laquers. His also cuts for Ghostly, Spectral, Wagon Repair, Esperanza, Alphahouse, Archipel, Clink, Klickhaus, Stock 5, Thema, and much more : ). You can find more info at www.manmademastering.com.
Other times Minus are using D&M in Berlin.