ableton!! Whats wrong with it.

- ask away
BobStock
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

ableton!! Whats wrong with it.

Post by BobStock »

He guys.

I try to work with so much hardware as I can. The problem I have now, is recording. I recorded with ableton several loops, sounds good in the programm....but when I did render to disk the sounds really sounds muffy and crap.

Anyone got the same issue?
Or somebody know what I can do?

thx,

Bob
kujoma
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kujoma »

Resample it or use another programm
--

steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

i work 100% hardware, and i find exactly the same problem mate.
ableton destroys all the warmth and crispness of my analogue recordings, and makes them sound harsh, grainy, the mids muddy and and the top metallic
i record to 2 trackDAT. ok its digital, but it sounds lightyears better than recording into ableton. it also means i have to be really on the case in a live way, because i cant remix seperate tracks later, but i think thats a nice thing.
i suppose it depends on what you are going to do with your recordings.
i'm currently looking for a quality reel to reel tape machine to keep my sound 100% analogue, then i can take the reel to the cutting room. i've got a good quality soundcard, so i can also get it into my computer on soundforge for mp3's and CD's etc.
however ableton is great in a live situation for mixing, but i'm always aware of how it degrades my sound, and how rough it sounds next to the DJs using vinyl.
i dont understand how more people have'nt noticed this.
kujoma
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kujoma »

well i hope ableton will notice this and maybe come up with a better audio engine in the next update.
--

omnipresence
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by omnipresence »

i don't understand how more people haven't noticed this.
regarding warping artifacts - its the same reason most people don't care about mp3 quality. your average punter probably can't tell the difference.

I've heard a few similar complaints about the original problem, but I've also heard way more people without said issues. make sure you have warping turned off on the recorded files, other than that I can't really help you.
532nm
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by 532nm »

be sure to turn off time streching if you dont need to match pitches of audio(usually only usefull for mixing tracks). this will make a huge difference in rendered audio.
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

or, record to an audio track instead of rendering to disk.
BobStock
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by BobStock »

steevio wrote:i work 100% hardware, and i find exactly the same problem mate.
ableton destroys all the warmth and crispness of my analogue recordings, and makes them sound harsh, grainy, the mids muddy and and the top metallic
i record to 2 trackDAT. ok its digital, but it sounds lightyears better than recording into ableton. it also means i have to be really on the case in a live way, because i cant remix seperate tracks later, but i think thats a nice thing.
i suppose it depends on what you are going to do with your recordings.
i'm currently looking for a quality reel to reel tape machine to keep my sound 100% analogue, then i can take the reel to the cutting room. i've got a good quality soundcard, so i can also get it into my computer on soundforge for mp3's and CD's etc.
however ableton is great in a live situation for mixing, but i'm always
aware of how it degrades my sound, and how rough it sounds next to the DJs using vinyl.
i dont understand how more people have'nt noticed this.
Thx for your feedback man! I already looked around for a nice tape recorder, not too expensive! Like to keep it analog like it shut be.
Then I have to rethink about how to mix my tracks! Put it back in clips later on in ableton, it will be really much extra work! But hope to get the quality that I want and not that digital AAAH damn, my ears sound.
Thx steevio and all the others.