Mnml & Dubstep

- open
poptones
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Mnml & Dubstep

Post by poptones »

so i hear a lot of talk about how mnml and dubstep will possibly join forces in 2007. what do you guys think about this? i know the press love to jump onto new sounds before they even get started and maybe this is the case here. but i do hear some mnml influence in dubstep and vice versa.

when you think about it, dubstep's roots are from other genres that over time have become more stripped back. yeah that's a very simplistic way of looking at it but it sounds familar huh?
Der geile Ami
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Der geile Ami »

do you really need the okay from a website to mess around with musical ideas? the more you worry about if minimaldubstepwhatever will be the next big thing, the more likely you will be frustrated by your efforts.

besides, I predict whatever next big thing that might come around will not be stripped down at all. Make good minimal stuff, make good dubby stuff, make good something else, dont worry about hype.
freeeeeee
poptones
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by poptones »

nah you've got the wrong idea about me! i'm not even a producer. i'm just a fan of the music and am interested in how the dubstep and minimal sounds are developing.

just wanting to have discussion about this that's all. don't need any approval :wink:
dncn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dncn »

theres plenty of crossover been happening already.

i guess there might be more, but like the man said, if its good, its good.
dncn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dncn »

i sounded like i was being harsh there. iwasnt being harsh, im not on of those harsh types :wink:
whatever
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by whatever »

Der geile Ami wrote: Make good minimal stuff, make good dubby stuff, make good something else, dont worry about hype.
wow...my fav quote in the last few months! word!!!!
Red Kite
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Red Kite »

Well truth is lots of "minimal" dj's like Mr Villalobos and Cassy keep spinning Dubstep records from time to time, but truth is also that "minimal" spoiled audiences just don't seem to get it. At least not in Berlin. There might be a short-termed hype over there in the UK, probably called "Minstep" or sth like that which will also probably be over before Christmas.

Me personally likes Dubstep a lot, and would like to here it more often, also in techno clubs and sets, but I believe the musical roots are too fundamentally different that a serious marriage of the sounds could develop.
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

minstep :D
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...