Unreleased music being shared - politics

- wax
peter glitch and crackle
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by peter glitch and crackle »

i can clearly see how this might damage things, i guess we all have to be careful. it seems like things are getting more dangerous by the minute. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
dncn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dncn »

peter glitch and crackle wrote:i can clearly see how this might damage things, i guess we all have to be careful. it seems like things are getting more dangerous by the minute. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
whippin his bitch ass? sure, i doubt he'd book me again. ;)
dncn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dncn »

aw maaaaan

cant believe ive killed this thread ASWELL.
provaznik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by provaznik »

pheek i mean you no disrespect here, in fact i respect your viewpoint and music very much... but.
it was your choice to let the track out. whenever this happens there is a chance that these things will happen. this does not excuse their actions but one must be as content with things going bad in this situation as going well.
i do wish that people could for once be honest but it is really sad that even here within this scene they cannot uphold that trust and carry through on their responsibility to the artist.

i am sorry for this pheek (and all of the other artists that this has happened to). and yes if you think this is bad try going over to doa and spending some time there. there are numerous threads about someone getting ripped off, or in bluthunda's case taking credit for something he did not create (funny read, but depressing). within the community of drum and bass piracy runs rampant with usually nothing done about it.

please everyone be as honest as possible. support those that support you. it is as simple as that.
kans
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kans »

Why is this stickied??
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

kans wrote:Why is this stickied??
why not?
kans
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kans »

Because it isn't serving anyone. If everytime somebody complained about something it got stickied... well then we'd never see anything of importance.
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

kans wrote:Because it isn't serving anyone. If everytime somebody complained about something it got stickied... well then we'd never see anything of importance.
it's not a random "somebody"...
it's an artist and label owner, and as such, he's expressing the point of view of a lot of artists and label owners; once in a while, stating those facts is important, because a lot of people don't even realize that what they're doing (by sharing / spreading those tracks) actually affects these artists / label owners directly, sometimes in a dramatic way! (and seeing a release being cancelled because of this kinda behaviors is, and I weight my words, dramatic, both for the label and the artist!)

almost unrelated: what's "of importance" to you?