- ask away
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

yep, that exile is teh killer. :twisted:
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
Storlon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Storlon »

Torque wrote:... It's either Pro-Tools or Cakewalk Sonar because they are the two that are in the majority of studios .
Huh ! Might be trough for American studios , but here in europe Logic is much more used.
It is a monster and makes Ableton look like a toy
Ableton is not really in the same market as the big seq, I see it more like a stage instrument.
Last edited by Storlon on Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zoiberg
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Zoiberg »

jpls wrote:i guess i need to get serious and stop using ableton!
:lol:
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

Hm... everyone is saying this and that...

But what does your work method look like? Do you improvise? sequence? record then edit?

What's at the center of your creative process? That is what should be a determining factor.

For me, live is cool for messing with whatever I have and recording on the fly... just for the fun of making cool sounds and recording them for later. The demo does that just fine for me.

I've been through Logic, Dp (wich I hated) to finally be forced on the pc platform and fall in love with Nuendo. I assume Sonar is just as powerful and configurable, I am tempted to give it a whirl and see what the buzz is about. Cheaper than Nuendo I'm 100% sure of that.
A few bugs here and there in Nuendo but it's ok... you might never notice them.

Got a Logic 551 license for sale here... but er... yeah, I might as well sell my old socks full of holes.
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

Creativity is 99% in the hands of the user. No two people create music exactly the same way, and no two brains think alike when making music. There's no universal answer. People made good music before Live, Sonar, ProTools, Reason, and all the others, so why is it so hard to see that the software you use isn't the biggest limiting factor in what you can make?
betzy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by betzy »

brianc wrote:Creativity is 99% in the hands of the user. No two people create music exactly the same way, and no two brains think alike when making music. There's no universal answer. People made good music before Live, Sonar, ProTools, Reason, and all the others, so why is it so hard to see that the software you use isn't the biggest limiting factor in what you can make?
who u are to say that? LOL :D
i agree, that's subjective, i tried all of them and i did my choice, but it's not the most important thing indeed
digitalbunny
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by digitalbunny »

Am i the only one here that likes Mackie's Tracktion 2 software?!

... i feel so alone :)
briobox
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by briobox »

Last edited by briobox on Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.