- wax
i-am-an-exit
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

[Mezzotinto 004] Chymera - Midnight at the Aquarium

Post by i-am-an-exit »

Hi Guys,

Chymera - Midnight at the Aquarium/ Arch/ Murmur

This is out now on beatport: www.beatport.com/mezzotinto and on the various vinyl stockists.

You can hear clips from each track on the label's myspace page:

http://www.myspace.com/mezzotintorecords

or here;

Midnight at the aquarium
Arch
Murmur

Any and all comments appreciated. Here's the blurb;

Midnight at the aquarium
a subtly changing synth line weaves its way through this tense deep techno track before the breakdown comes in to lead us back into the massive heroic peak. chymera has managed to create an ever-building vibe on this deceptively sparse composition as the dynamic drums combined with the gradually rising filters throughout the track give a great sense of movement and activity to this epic that is bound to raise temperatures on any discerning dancefloor

Arch
builds up with layers of teasing melodies in classic chymera style before the anticipation of the breakdown leads into an old school deep piano line accompanied by some early electro sounding snares and a sub bass that add a classic house feel to a more modern sound, "arch" is a perfect bridge between styles and moods in a vibe-building dj set

Murmur
a deep and fractured soundscape whose beauty lies in its simplicity, the warm synth bass and emotional pads of "murmur" evoke the innocence of some mid-90s electronic dance music more for the mind and soul than for the body...

fffffwwwwwaaaaarrrrhhhhhhh , Huge release ,Love it. Laurent Garnier

Nice release for sure, “Midnight at the aquarium” is my favourite, love the Detroit feelings in the release.Jeff Bennett

love the label, really like all three, especially 'murmur' which is great - really beautiful. Dave Mothersole

Number one Chymera fan present and correct! A genius in the making – Funk D Void

3 wonderfully crafted tracks. "midnight..." and "murmur" are my favourites. Tomaz

Wow Man This is just AWESOME !!! thanks for keeping the soul in techno !! Chris udoh

EXCELLENT RELEASE !!! FULL SUPPORT!!! Spirit Catcher

Midnight at the aquarium sounds great! thanks!!! Hernan Cattaneo

I love ‘Midnight At The Aquarium’!!! Full support to this mellow track!!!! Angel Molina

midnight at the aquarium ROCKS ! also ARCH is already in my playlist, VERY GOOD RELEASE ! ! ! Dj Prinz

All tracks are well produced and very effective. I like “Midnight At The Aquarium” the most though. Cool underground stuff. Matteo Esse

wicked, Chymera is an awesome producer, love his melodic deep vibe, these are all ace! James Talk

a preference for "Midnight at the aquarium", It's so fresh, deep tech as I like..Dj Freddy

love Murmur, chord progression is very pretty. i'm going to use it for a new "intelligent" mix shortly. thanks!! Dylan Drazen

Cheers
Bren/Chymera