NI Traktor Scratch

- open
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

I think the high price will really hurt them.

The new hardware looks nice, though. The extra 2 outs could be really useful.
Zinthek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Zinthek »

Couldn't they have come up with a better name then Traktor Schratch?
gillsans
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by gillsans »

Can anyone recommend a decent controller for Traktor? :)

Thanks.

Ive seen the Faderfox but are there any others?
Keepin' the beats deep in the groove bunker
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

I've used an Evolution X-Session with Traktor for a while and have been happy with it. It's not perfect, but no midi controller ever is.
Sneaky
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Sneaky »

Well I took the plunge believing that the crossgrade offer (being a former owner of fs2) was a good deal and I can say I notice a definite sound quality difference (mucho better) and also the thing works perfect as soon as its loaded - no more waiting for the magical green firewire symbol to light up and then suddenly go red again in the middle of the set as sometimes happened with fs2... so yeah soo far soo good...
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

The software's got a lot of really nice improvements too. It's really able to adjust to problems with the setup. One thing that's really cool is that it'll still work if the needle/tonearm is messed up and only one channel is getting signal.
Todd Konix
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Todd Konix »

I'm a die hard Serato user myself, but just picked up Traktor Scratch a few days ago. Definitely love the Audio8 interface, it's a dope soundcard, but not a big fan of the Traktor GUI, I much prefer Serato's. I don't like the folder tree browsing either, I need my SSL crates. And it's going to be a while before I even attempt a gig with it, I just don't trust it yet after all the past bad experiences and stories with Traktor, FS1 and FS2. But I depend regularly on SSL for all my gigs and hasn't failed me once. There are some nice little features though in TS that definitely need to be in SSL, like review history, play count, "airplane mode" (set cue points and what not without the interface connected, and songs play over the laptop's speakers). I'll be doing a TS vs SSL review in the coming weeks.
hotpace
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hotpace »

Todd Konix wrote: There are some nice little features though in TS that definitely need to be in SSL, like review history.
There IS review history in Serato.