[PLUS8093] Paco Osuna - Crazy - Plus 8

- wax
primevil
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by primevil »

paco is the man, always one of my favourite producers. mindacid on mindshake still rocks my world!
spideresistance
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by spideresistance »

with paco you can't be wrong. he's doing his things in studio since many years now, and these are the results. He is aslo a very good dj.

But don't you noticed that most of these monster tracks released (or promoted) by richie during the last year, tend to sound "old" (in some ways) far too much rapidly than years ago? I'm referring especially to loco dice's "seeing through shadows", or audion's "mouth to mouth", etc...
Do you think this is due most of the time to the "crossover" appeal they got, after having been played for 6 months or so only by Richie and his protected, and then literally exploding on the market after the release

I'm curious to know your opinion...

:?:
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

spideresistance wrote: Do you think this is due most of the time to the "crossover" appeal they got, after having been played for 6 months or so only by Richie and his protected, and then literally exploding on the market after the release
it's because people download and listen to every set available, so they are a lot more likely to have heard the tracks a lot more in a short time than if they'd only seen live shows.
primevil
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by primevil »

brianc wrote:it's because people download and listen to every set available, so they are a lot more likely to have heard the tracks a lot more in a short time than if they'd only seen live shows.
i totally agree, its harder these days to keep the mystery of the music due to people downloading so many sets.
betzy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by betzy »

brianc wrote:
spideresistance wrote: Do you think this is due most of the time to the "crossover" appeal they got, after having been played for 6 months or so only by Richie and his protected, and then literally exploding on the market after the release
it's because people download and listen to every set available, so they are a lot more likely to have heard the tracks a lot more in a short time than if they'd only seen live shows.
u should now that most of the people who goes dancing doesn't know anything...we know everything just because we want to...because we're into this music world...that's it :wink: anyway, although i know all 5 tracks in this release, i will enjoy in dancing these for a long time indeed :D
soapz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by soapz »

Yeh I dont think many general people who are in the clubs listen to sets all the time or even browse the forums. The majority of this forum is DJ/Producer and maybe the odd die hard clubber but in general I dont think there are many! A track may seem overplayed or over talked about here but this is all still within a minority.

With Hawtin though, the spot light is still on him so what is he to do. If I had been given Paco's track back in April I'd have been playing it. The idea of techno for me is exciting people's emotions and if everybodys IDing your set a week after playing, and you were to release the tracks straight after, it is likely alot of people wud be playing similar records & the excitement wud disappear.

The spot light wont be on him forever. Tracks and recorded livesets are so cheap and easy to get hold of now, people are going to be looking at new ways of presenting music to people live.

For example. surround sound environments, visuals, these things cant be recorded and downloaded on a 60min mp3 clip. It's all about the live interaction and that can never be copied!
ri
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ri »

Yeah, you gotta remember that most people who go to parties probably don't know most of the tracks, and even tho they've heard say, mouth to mouth or echolocation before, doesn't mean they have heard it a lot, or are as sick of it as we are.

Anyhow, it's the job of people like Hawtin to promote and hype this music in part, and to be honest, most punters would rather see Hawtin live, than do what most people here do and listen to endless amounts of second-hand fun :lol:

(poor us!! haha)

Still, we are the ones that are caught up in the need and desire for the new, so we can forgive any amount of track thrashing when it comes to these guys breaking the new hot tunes.
r.i.

let the music talk
betzy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by betzy »

we are "la crème de la crème" ahahahahah :D
i feel like i am the most bored person alive :(