plaster - sara

- music
'gameover'
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 'gameover' »

nice to listen some "paddie" things, more atmosphere more music.
.kavo.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by .kavo. »

Dan!
i love this!!!
"smokin' hydroponic"
trak660
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by trak660 »

Sara must be a very special person.
This track is really good! I'd like to hear some more like it.
Maybe you should explore this deep techno thing for a little while and see what happens.
:wink:
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

sanmal wrote:I have a very nice friend girl called sara so i just had to come and have a listen. This song doesn't remind me of her though. Very functional and full of neat tricks to make e want to listen to it a few times over. Like the pads, and the percussionistic klingy klongy sounds. Can't say anything about the mix because I'm listening to this with really lowsy computer speakers atm.
my friend sara is a bit weird. i never met such a girl in my life actually. i guess the tricks could be a tad better...the evolution will tell. actually, this track was the first in the row to radicly change the style i was making before. to tell you the truth i really like the transition. it has everything i want to hear in a track. melodic parts, some mysterious jazzy pads and even a techno part as a surprise. thanks for your nice comment.

'gameover' wrote:nice to listen some "paddie" things, more atmosphere more music.
you think? i kind of didn't like paddie minimal house thing a year or so back, but i guess it was because certain releases didn't have enuff changes in themes.

.kavo. wrote:Dan!
i love this!!!
bless you kavo :)

trak660 wrote: This track is really good! I'd like to hear some more like it.
Maybe you should explore this deep techno thing for a little while and see what happens.
:wink:
thanks man, i had alot of fun making it. especialy the last part where the sudden chord comes loose. it happened by shere accident. i got plans to setup a solo live pa like this by the end of the year. got one more track done, but it's only on myspace for now. actually i just might post it here for you to check it out. oh and the third one is slowly finishing. all in all, i got 3 pieces like this...expect more to happen as i explore. i had this idea to possibly experiment with various music styles in one track...but i have to straight everything up cuz it feels messy in my head.

thanks for your kind comments peeps..it means alot to me, because i can go further.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
Semirk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Semirk »

Really good atmospheric track mate. Not too keen on the pad sections (not technically of course, just personal taste really) but the drumwork/perucssion is very much to my taste. Just the intro bit wasn't overly keen on but as the track progresses i'm very much liking it. Thanks for sharing.
Cotumo
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Cotumo »

Nice athmosphere! Thanks!!
fl0w
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by fl0w »

I share Semirk's view. I hate the pads (too sad, too long) and i'm happy when they stop. Then the track is very pleasant :)
In fact, I wasn't really paying attention (chatting over IRC and getting info about the Sony Mylo) but after a moment I realized that what i was hearing was good!
Not a track i would dance to, but perfect when you want to relax at home (which is precisely what i'm looking for right now thanks to my job).

Thanks!
:.: : :: : :.: .:. :.
provaznik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by provaznik »

i like it... a lot. it takes a lot of ideas from a lot of different kinds of minimal and puts them into one. my one quibble, a rather minute one at that, is that the mix sounds a bit lopsided. by that i mean that there is too much emphasis on the left channel with the snares and the crunchy sound over the first kick in the measure. but that is really just a matter of personal preference. great job!