- wax
theclockstrucktwelve
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by theclockstrucktwelve »

bodysong wrote:
theclockstrucktwelve wrote:
bodysong wrote:theclockstrucktwelve:

what is your definition of a really impressive track ?
what's yours?

probably something like that. unless your answer is gay.
ahahah. i'm not the one posting stupid statement about netlabel being unimpressive...

i've read some of your posts and they have all something in commons. most of the time you don't know what you are talking about.
you don't know what you're talking about. i always know what i'm talking about. and i've been involved with this stuff for YEARS. you probably weren't even conceived yet when i was out record shopping.

besides, why do I have to explain to anyone what "my" definition of an impressive track is? that's one of the most retarded propositions made on this thread to date.

oh yeah and "stupid statement about netlabels" - huh?! I stated a fact - that there isn't a lot of great music out there available from netlabels. then everyone comes snickering at me, (pretend gay lisp) "y'a'mmooooh-kay... what's your definition of good music then?"

what the hell is wrong with people? why are people into 'electronic music' so without half a brain? seriously, if you look at most electronic reviews, it reeks of the same lack of intelligence. aside from a couple trust worthy sources, most "reviews" are now sounding like suicidal post-recovery program participants expressing their 'feelings' to the doctors. "oh, when I listen to that one, it feels like there's a big growling machine that's riding through a forest of whispering voices on it's way to chew through my sorrow" - etc.

as much as you people like to distinguish yourselves from the "rock" thing, tossing it aside as "mainstream" or "pop" and "not smart" and all that... they have something on you: they always have and still know what music is and how to talk about it.

anyways, if you don't know what a "good track" is... then welcome, i hope your first month of listening to music is enjoyable. you'll learn soon enough.

"...Michaelangelo is a PARTY DUDE.. *PAARTEEEEEEE!* "
theclockstrucktwelve
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

brianc wrote:are netlabels pirating music now?
yes

...from.....your......miiiIIiiiiiIiiiind!

masone
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by masone »

love this thread
bodysong
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by bodysong »

theclockstrucktwelve wrote: you don't know what you're talking about. i always know what i'm talking about. and i've been involved with this stuff for YEARS. you probably weren't even conceived yet when i was out record shopping.

besides, why do I have to explain to anyone what "my" definition of an impressive track is? that's one of the most retarded propositions made on this thread to date.
you ask for netlabel suggestion, then declared it wasn't not impressive. i just want to know what is your definition of impressive music.
i guess that you have a cosmic universal good taste and know what is hot from what is not.
for the record can you at least come up with 5 tracks you consider impressive ?
theclockstrucktwelve
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

bodysong wrote:
theclockstrucktwelve wrote: you don't know what you're talking about. i always know what i'm talking about. and i've been involved with this stuff for YEARS. you probably weren't even conceived yet when i was out record shopping.

you ask for netlabel suggestion, then declared it wasn't not impressive. i just want to know what is your definition of impressive music.
i guess that you have a cosmic universal good taste and know what is hot from what is not.
for the record can you at least come up with 5 tracks you consider impressive ?
of course I can. but why would I? you speak as if i'd care enough to validate myself to you even if i did respect you. there really is no point.

why make music so political? it's entertainment and nothing more (regardless of how important it is to us as individuals). if you think some of that netlabel stuff is AMAAAAZING, then great... knock yourself out. i myself am just tired of hearing the same old things and netlabel land doesn't have a whole lot to offer someone like myself. as admitted, there's a few good things out there, but it's not just me claiming to be unimpressed. netlabels are fun and have their charm. i love that it is so underground and indie-promo centric and all that. hell, i was involved with it in the c-64 demo days (arguably where it comes from historically, "netlabels") / amiga / bulitin boards, and then the "tracking" scene on pcs right through to the middle of the modern internet thing. a lot of people love it and take it seriously. to most it's a hobby.

when it comes down to it though, if say we pretend there was a bunch of random music available commercially put into a final scratch library and a bunch from netlabels put into the same library and given to a dj to play over the course of a year (lets pretend he/she has never heard any of it before).. im pretty sure most of the stuff being played wouldn't be netlabel stuff. rather than leaving this open to picking apart, i'll admit that this is hardly a scientific way of measuring anything here... but i'd wager on my being correct about it all.

bottom line with netlabels is that there really isn't enough quality control and/or original + talented music to go around. people seem to be far more interested in putting out "[somerandomnetlabel-016]" than looking for / waiting for really great new music. i kind of understand it in some sense but at the same time think it's kind of sad. there is no risk of big losses and no real sense of adventure in it all in that sense for an "owner" of a netlabel and I think that really shows in what they tend to put out. I do recognize what this can mean for artists though - it's cool that there are free avenues (read: free as in freedom) for pursuit of artistic/musical endeavors and experimentation. but that doesn't mean it's going to be enjoyable for everyone else either ;)

bodysong
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by bodysong »

well this is an answer. thanks.
subtropical
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by subtropical »

oh yeah and "stupid statement about netlabels" - huh?! I stated a fact - that there isn't a lot of great music out there available from netlabels. then everyone comes snickering at me,
You need to climb down off your high horse. You aren't stating any facts just a bunch of jaded, bitter opinions. I'm putting in a request that you change your screen name to :

theclockstruckbitter

is that cool? 8)
theclockstrucktwelve
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

subtropical wrote:

oh yeah and "stupid statement about netlabels" - huh?! I stated a fact - that there isn't a lot of great music out there available from netlabels. then everyone comes snickering at me,
You need to climb down off your high horse. You aren't stating any facts just a bunch of jaded, bitter opinions. I'm putting in a request that you change your screen name to :

theclockstruckbitter

is that cool? 8)
why is it anytime says anything besides praise about music around these parts they get called "negative", "jaded", "bitter", "hater" and so on?

weak.

i'll change my name to that as soon as you change your name to "subhumancockfacedicklover"