cueing in ableton live???

- ask away
provaznik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

cueing in ableton live???

Post by provaznik »

ok so here is what i am working with. i have a djm 600 and a motu ultralite and soon i will have ableton live 6. now one thing i do wonder. is it at all possible to preview loops/ tracks/ whatever from the browser but through a specific channel? what i was thinking was getting live to send the auditioned sound(s) to whatever track of the four was highlighted. is this possible?
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

To the very right of the screen by the master volume, there are those four little circle buttons. There is one that says IO. Hit the IO button, and between the clips and the channel faders, a new box will pop up with all your routing options. Go to "Audio to" and select which audio channel you want to send it to. Remember you have to select your soundcard in the main preferences first.
provaznik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by provaznik »

ok but how do i choose where the browser sends its audio out to?
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

that i am not sure about, but it seems like a realistic and useful option so I can't see why it wouldn't be possible. Try ableton.com's forums. They are really helpful.
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

the browser sends its audio to the que...with the motu piece your should set your head phones to 3/4 (you won't have to do this with the dj mixer though). you can run two outs to the mixer (or more) I set my cue to the spiddy out put 9/10 and set phones to that...that way i have four channels to route and mix on the physical dj mixer...its really easy once you set it all up...
provaznik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by provaznik »

thanks mesax. but one more quick question. if i route the cue out to the spdif then will i have to get anything else other than an adapter for it? i mean i realize it is a digital cable so would it put out audio if i just plugged my headphones into it? if not what would i need to get in order to make it work?
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

provaznik wrote:thanks mesax. but one more quick question. if i route the cue out to the spdif then will i have to get anything else other than an adapter for it? i mean i realize it is a digital cable so would it put out audio if i just plugged my headphones into it? if not what would i need to get in order to make it work?
no you can just cue right from your the motu piece....now if you cue from the dj mixer i would set the cue out to 7/8 or something like that....not sure if they make an adapter for spdif to rca...
provaznik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by provaznik »

oh sh!t yeah i forgot about that. oh man that makes life so easy. i don't know why i never thought of that. doh! thanks again man.