Is Minus becoming the Get Physical of minimal?

- wax
Daniel Logikal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Re: workrate workrate workrate

Post by Daniel Logikal »

mohson_iqbal wrote:hay interesting thread, well i have also thinking the same thing but the one thing we do not take into account is the work rate and creative difference that mr richie evolves with! yes they are on top and yes they do get the whole minus family to remix each other but sad to say, this is a real collective of artists and freinds....i am a 'journo' and try and avoid the bouncing around and 'bitchin' or name sake-ing of minus but compared to must they do it quick and more often! lets get the Perlon,Hello Repeat, Cynosure,Liebe Detail,Highgrade,Tresor..... guys to drop the weed pop some mdma a few times a week, it might increase there work rate!!!! but the key question is who will take over the m-nus circus when Richie stops..??? Troy...Magda....or GAiser..>???
Plese don't forget that Clark Warner manages the label, very underrated.

Also, as a few people have said, please stop bitching and comparing Minus to labels like get physical, they have been there at the start of the movement and imo are still innovating never replicating.

If its not you cup of tea, so be it. No need to be negative about it.
infizero
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: workrate workrate workrate

Post by infizero »

Daniel Logikal wrote:
mohson_iqbal wrote:hay interesting thread, well i have also thinking the same thing but the one thing we do not take into account is the work rate and creative difference that mr richie evolves with! yes they are on top and yes they do get the whole minus family to remix each other but sad to say, this is a real collective of artists and freinds....i am a 'journo' and try and avoid the bouncing around and 'bitchin' or name sake-ing of minus but compared to must they do it quick and more often! lets get the Perlon,Hello Repeat, Cynosure,Liebe Detail,Highgrade,Tresor..... guys to drop the weed pop some mdma a few times a week, it might increase there work rate!!!! but the key question is who will take over the m-nus circus when Richie stops..??? Troy...Magda....or GAiser..>???
Plese don't forget that Clark Warner manages the label, very underrated.

Also, as a few people have said, please stop bitching and comparing Minus to labels like get physical, they have been there at the start of the movement and imo are still innovating never replicating.

If its not you cup of tea, so be it. No need to be negative about it.
Not only does Clark do an excellent job managing both m-nus and plus8 , but he's also an amazing dj that's very underrated :)
mohson_iqbal
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Clark werner

Post by mohson_iqbal »

Clark werner does a great job managing the roster and label, but i mean in terms of creative direction and movement of the label in the distant future, i personally see a artsits taking over.
jaba
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jaba »

hope M_NUS wont become GPM ! GPM is GPM and M_nus will always be numb 1 minimal label !!!
Rochey
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rochey »

I know one thing M-nus are brining out some massive stuff over the next few months

Ambivalus - Chauvinistic Digital Artifacts
Troy Pierce - Lost on the Way to DC10
Horse Nation & Nasty Girl
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

HEY AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO MISSES THE EARLY M-NUS DAYS WITH STUFF LIKE STEWART WALKER, THEOREM, AND MORE? MAYBE I AM JUST CRAZY!!!
bodysong
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by bodysong »

a dead horse ?
"Flogging a dead horse" is an idiom which means a particular request or line of conversation is already foreclosed, mooted, or otherwise resolved, and any attempt to continue it is futile. In American English, the phrase is more usually rendered as "beating a dead horse"
how are you to decide that this topic is ... resolved, and any attempt to continue it is futile ?
theclockstrucktwelve
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by theclockstrucktwelve »

For the mods:

stop deleting my posts. unfettered censorship is lame.

besides, don't say you didn't laugh. because you did. or you're a shy anal-retentive pasty-faced moron with no friends or social skills. try talking to me if you think there's something wrong with what i'm posting. this isn't war-time newspublishing in nazi germany.. let people say what they want

for everyone else - i posted a giant picture of a dead horse and said something to the effect of "let's all beat this"

har har, funny funny. point being - why the hell was this old sh!t dredged up again? not to mention the fact that the things people say in here are said EVERY day in any and every post about anything even remotely related to music around here.
Last edited by theclockstrucktwelve on Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

"...Michaelangelo is a PARTY DUDE.. *PAARTEEEEEEE!* "