attention fellow producers..... rampant piracy

- wax
bodysong
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by bodysong »

theclockstrucktwelve:

what is your definition of a really impressive track ?
subtropical
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by subtropical »

theclockstrucktwelve wrote:
oh yeah i did say that..

but what the sht are you talking about, "run-of-the-mill" ? no, i'm talking about good fucking records. It's not a pop thing at all - i'm talking about music that deserves to be recognized... chartworthy = material that is so good that it should be put on people's top ten. there's no way to misunderstand that...

case closed.

I guess I just meant stuff that's very known and in the spotlight, of course it's not pop- I didn't mean that obviously, but I didn't know that your original criteria of 'good' music was that it had to be 'chartworthy' - was all I meant.

I guess I'm more interested in the whole 'digging deep' thing when it comes to dance music... charts don't mean a thing to me actually, never did.
theclockstrucktwelve
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by theclockstrucktwelve »

subtropical wrote: I guess I just meant stuff that's very known and in the spotlight, of course it's not pop- I didn't mean that obviously, but I didn't know that your original criteria of 'good' music was that it had to be 'chartworthy' - was all I meant.

I guess I'm more interested in the whole 'digging deep' thing when it comes to dance music... charts don't mean a thing to me actually, never did.
it's not... I have a lot of criteria for judging music and frankly - there is nothing mystical about it. everyone likes things for diff reasons and a lot of the same reasons.. my charts comments might as well have said "music that I want to show off" or "music too good to keep a secret".. don't read so much into it as being terminology or something

"...Michaelangelo is a PARTY DUDE.. *PAARTEEEEEEE!* "
theclockstrucktwelve
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

bodysong wrote:theclockstrucktwelve:

what's yours?

probably something like that. unless your answer is gay.

theclockstrucktwelve
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Zoiberg wrote:
theclockstrucktwelve wrote:real answer: "we're full of sht, everyone of us are sharing dozens of commercial eps of artists and labels everyone here knows and we'd rather do this than pay for it or go out and buy it"

don't say otherwise, I took a peek at near everyone's shares that were online.

case closed.
Case still open.
Else, get a personal website and do whatever you want there.

What if people buy the records they first hear on Soulseek ?
If people want to support the artists they like, if they can, then they will, in a way or the other.
Minus releases are widely available on Soulseek, but do you really think that Beatport is not selling any of their releases ?

Peer-to-peer technology is here to stay - it's the most efficient distribution system ever created and thinking that it could be used for piracy only is plain wrong.
There's a lot of talk about how to make this, the best media distribution technology, both legal and efficient for everyone involved (artists and users), but we can't really improve on this if people continue believing the majors story that sharing=stealing. Things are never all black or white, you know...
I totally agree with most everything you said. There's something about this thread and people taking things out of context. In case you missed something, i've been playing your argument here the whole thread and this time I decided to throw it all back in people's faces - there's all kinds of people saying how "bad" this sh!t is, then if you step over a thread, there's a whole fucking lot of people doing the things they say are wrong.

And no, "case closed" to the filesharing debate. even the naysayers participate. although I like the cut of your jib.

bodysong
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by bodysong »

theclockstrucktwelve wrote:
bodysong wrote:theclockstrucktwelve:

what's yours?

probably something like that. unless your answer is gay.
ahahah. i'm not the one posting stupid statement about netlabel being unimpressive...

i've read some of your posts and they have all something in commons. most of the time you don't know what you are talking about.
dncn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dncn »

is this thread still going?
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

are netlabels pirating music now?