mnml maxi

[KM004] Mikael Stavostrand - Soulful EP

Post by dzan »

Image Image
Artist: Mikael Stavostrand
Vocals: Big Bully
Title: Soulful EP
Label: Kontra Musik Records

When listening to the Soulful EP there seems to be an uncontrolled force in all of the tracks. This is music that seems to have a life of its own. Maybe it is time to let the music go, where she wants to go…

The Soulful EP, produced by Swedish mastermind Mikael Stavostrand, takes him one step closer to his goal, to fuse experimental compositions with dance floor perfection. On the first track, My Day, a steady 4-beat tries to keep up with a sinister synth line that has broken free from its lace. Together with beautifully programmed organic percussion, this track is a dynamic roller coaster ride, aiming for the peak hour dance floor with a twist.

The B-side and the track Blau, takes of with a vocal sample reminding us of the Kontra-Musik motto: You got to go, where you want to go. Starting of as warm hypnotic groover, Blau climbs towards a multi layered soundscape, pushed forward by a hectic arpeggio, reminding of minimalist heroes like Robert Rood and Mika Vainio. Blau is dance floor music that aims for the soul.

The second track on the b-side, Breaka-Breaka, is a techhouse track that in the same way as Blau, evolves into something new, a creaking and acidic techno track soaked in organic percussion.

Mikael Stavostrand is one of the key figures of the Swedish electronic music scene - this for his, not so minimal, interpretations of minimal techno as well as for producing essential experimental electronic music over the past ten years. Stavestrands mix of deconstructed sounds and funky rhythms has been released on labels like Force Inc., Karat, Contexterrior, Mo's Ferry, Sunset Diskos and we are.

A1 My Day
B1 Blau
B2 Breaka-Breaka

really nice ep, all three tracks are amazing!
Coog
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coog »

evolution!
i_o
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by i_o »

great job Mikael !
stavostrand
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by stavostrand »

cool ..

more info here .. check out the other Kontra Musik too, kicking stuff.

cheers, mikael.

http://www.kontra-musik.com
audiodidact
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by audiodidact »

Just ordered this one.....3 serious fine productions.
check out the mixes from this guy in the livesets sections. Really love them.
An audiodidact also known as an audiomath

audiodidact music
audiodidact sells
Posso
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Posso »

MS is on fire, let me tell you. I still cant get over the "We Are" track. This will be in the box as well. Its got Sexy written all over it! Nice work Mikeal. I look forward in hearing the new material.
dzan
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dzan »

audiodidact wrote:check out the mixes from this guy in the livesets sections. Really love them.
8)
Katzenjammer
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Katzenjammer »

Blau is beautiful. Dark, like something out of Smålands murky forests.
[url=http://partikel.bandcamp.com]Partikel - Ark 1 out now on tape and digital[/url]