producing with cubase sx

- ask away
Techelon
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

producing with cubase sx

Post by Techelon »

hi,
I'm working whith cubase sx for nearly six months now, i have korg synt(vsti), and i have a seinheiser 250 linear 2 headphone. But i still got problems with my bassline. it is grrrrr. The other sounds are pretty well. But however when i'm listening thru the headphone, it sounds OK but when i'm listening to it on my cd player it sounds shitty??? Do you have some tips for me about: mixing, effect who gives my bassline the best sound and dynamics,... The structure is ok but my sound won't fit good.
Pleace help :cry:
Ingemar
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ingemar »

hmm that depends on what kind of bass you want to create. Do you want trentemoeller style stabs or some rythmic pulsating one?

for the stab bass I'd recommend something squarish down the octaves, and for the latter somehing more sine-ish :wink:
Ingemar
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ingemar »

also, what monitors do you have?
Techelon
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Techelon »

well, it has to be a dark rythmic basslin something like hearttrob ore gaiser ...
i'm trying to do it with the a1 on cubase
monitor, i've just got a pc and cubasesx so i'll try to do it with a minimal equipement because i don't have enought money yet to buy some hardware and stuff;
shinish??
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

headphones doesn't give u a flat sounds!
my guess is that u don't clean the freq u don't need which effects the low freq.
also, because u r using headphones insted of monitors im guessing that the mix is not right, u don't balance the volumes correctly, the sounds are not in the volume they should be.

these two things i've just said are usually the main reason's for what ur ending up with.
harass
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harass »

you need speakers headphones wont work, as said above. if you dont have enough cash try hooking your computer up to your stereo, you will need to buy a 1/8 trs to rca audi cord.
Techelon
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Techelon »

thx you guys for the information,
and if i have some cash what kind of monitors do you advice me? they should be lineair i guess, because they give you the sound as it is on youre pc.
any suggestion??
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

that is hard to answer, the right monitors are dependet on some things like room size for example.
i think that the best thing u can do is go to a store and after u will have one or two monitors that u know that will fit for what u need ask here if someone knows or use them.