Trelik 11 and Aspect

- wax
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Re: Trelik 11 and Aspect

Post by Themis »

ok i give you that, with no disco future his style changed, to be honest if i think about it, if i would play a melchior track it would also very likely be a pre 2007 track.

maybe i was to fed up with his last releases that i generalized a bit too much :)
dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dirddey_iddler »

well i understand what you mean. the first lick my deck and some remixes are a little bit obviously.

also his influences from uk garage are in every record. but i follow him since years and i have all his records. Melchior is Melchior and his Music is what we like from him.

And dont forget he is over 40. A new reinvention of his sound i dont know where it ends. He does what he like.

Check the Slices DVD with a Interview from him.
resolved
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by resolved »

using a computer does not imply no hardware, just that before no disco fuure there was no computer involved at all (v unusual). i have also been following him for years, and i think the uk garage influence disappeared on no disco future and hasn't been seen since. the garage swing is one of the main things that makes his earlier productions so perfect for me.

and yes themis i'm with you 100% on his newer releases. they are execrable. but i have hopes that if he is reviving aspect, things might get a little better. also the ultimate argument for carrying on doing what you're good at is baby ford, who has been relentlessly plowing the same furrow since c. headphoneeasyrider, and just keeps getting better and better. (and is why i hold out more hope for the new soul capsule material on aspect than any of the solo melchior...)
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

that aspect double pack is one of my favourite records in my collection. there was a time a few years back where juno had copies and it wasnt so much money on discogs. i too prefer the older stuff to his latest outputs, but they are still solid tracks.

shame the Lady Science (Tek Mix) isnt getting put on the package as thats the one i really wanted on vinyl. maybe one day ill pay the discogs prices, but the mp3 i have will have to do in the meantime.
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

resolved wrote:i think the uk garage influence disappeared on no disco future and hasn't been seen since. the garage swing is one of the main things that makes his earlier productions so perfect for me.
I don't know man, i still hear it. On his last Perlon release for example.
Willis
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Willis »

Regardless of the quality of his new stuff (which I still like) I sure am glad these are getting repressed, sooner or later I was going to spend a lot of money

Also, I think Coded Spirituals is quite a stylistic departure from his other stuff. It will be interesting to see what he does, and as someone said earlier - Baby Ford's influence increases the chances of some very good music being released.
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

Themis wrote:someone pointed to the binh set where he plays a track from aspect 4. i listend and thought thats a standard melchior track. i dont see a difference between that track and aspect 1/2 or most of the other releases in the last 10 years.
so then i began to rant about that most artists today dont make something different from time to time, if you know one record the chances are high you also know the next 5 releases. personally for me thats predictable and cause of that boring.
You didn't seem to care when you didn't know that it was a Melchior/Soul Capsule track...
Look what i found:

So when you heard the track you were like Image "fvck yeah! sick! sick! sick!"
Then somebody tells you that it's a Melchior track and you're like Image "what a boring piece of sh!t... Melchior, buy yourself a new synthesizer! change your sound!"

Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

first, i never said anywhere that i dont like his tracks. what i said was its the same over and over again. a fine difference.

second, a good DJ can make lot of tracks work, which for itself would not stand its ground. and thats definitly the case here, you probably will not buy this record if you already have 10 melchior releases in your collection. i listend to that set one time and thought the first minutes were great. which i would definitly credit the DJ for and not melchiors track.

third, i think it would be a lot less annoying if you would try to make your point without stupid pictures.

EDIT: and last, i guess it didnt ever happend to you that a track just doesnt sound that good anymore on second listen ha? ;)