- wax
Roy Koch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Trelik 11 and Aspect

Post by Roy Koch »

dmp wrote:already have them all :-p

Show off! :P
So that's Law Of Grace, Overcome and Aspect 004?
How is Aspect 004? Does it come even close to the quality of the previous Aspect releases?
resolved
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by resolved »

no its law of grace las ramblas and overcome
resolved
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by resolved »

you can hear one of the new aspects in binhs louche podcast, second track. it is pretty good but nowhere near the others... i have high hopes for aspect 5 though
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

resolved wrote:you can hear one of the new aspects in binhs louche podcast, second track.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

aspect 1 and 2 are just normal melchior tracks, nothing special.

and aspect 3 is law of grace which is of course a great record

so i dont know what you expect for the coming releases but it will mostly sound like melchior.
he suffers from the same problem many other producers suffer - it seems he cant do something different.
Roy Koch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Roy Koch »

Themis wrote:aspect 1 and 2 are just normal melchior tracks, nothing special.

and aspect 3 is law of grace which is of course a great record

so i dont know what you expect for the coming releases but it will mostly sound like melchior.
he suffers from the same problem many other producers suffer - it seems he cant do something different.
Of Aspect 1 & 2 'Get Down', 'The Prayer' and 'Pluto Rising' especially are really cool to me.
And by the way, I don't see the problem in producers sticking to the same style of production as long as it are quality productions. If you look at it from the bigger picture it doesn't really matter. Every track still has something on its own albeit they do sound similar. It would be boring if you played out all the tracks in a row, but if you just take play a Melchior track every now and then in a set it doesn't matter to me.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

it also doesnt matter to me if someone plays now and then some melchior tracks, that was not what i meant.

what i meant was, its a bit redundant to buy most of his tracks, there are some classics and maybe you buy some not so famous tracks also, but thats it. after that you got this style "covered".

and i just cant understand why they are not trying to break out of their "style". if they play DJ Sets they play all kind of stuff but at the moment they sit down in front of their PC they think: hey lets make a track that sounds similar to all what i produced the last 7 years..
pastapiu
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pastapiu »

dirddey_iddler wrote:
pastapiu wrote:I'm really happy with this

Also new releases are following? Make my day man!!

yes, as i wrote
Sorry for the unclear statement, I meant that you already made my day with your post ;)

About Melchior's productions, maybe he should do another cooperation. I believe his tracks are usually characterized by tight sounds and specific programming, a cooperation with a producer like Dan Andrei (for example) could make for a bit more raw and edgy sound perhaps.

Nevertheless, I will definitely buy whatever is coming out on Aspect. I'm a big fan of the Melchior sound and I prefer good tracks in the same genre than numerous releases with stuff that doesn't work. As such I'm not a real big fan of the new Villalobos stuff, give me some releases in the style of those old monsters like R&R and Pino Jet Explosion and I would be far more pleased.

One note is that I believe that the Coded Spirituals vol. 1 12" could have had more to it as well. The SIT remix is pretty badass but I think the Melchior tracks are a bit weird actually. So, curious what the future might bring; looking forward to it no matter what!