Stability of Live

all things.
aallvor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Stability of Live

Post by aallvor »

I'm thinking of giving Live another try. The last time I tried Live, it was at ver. 7, but unfortunelately that was super buggy on my computer. Like, the GUIs of most of the third party plugins I loaded would just disappear!

I really like the work flow though, and especially now that i have a midi controller (and a new computer), I'm thinking the jamming aspect of Live would be great fun to get into.

The reason I'm asking about stability though (and not just d/l'ing the demo), is that I'm considering going for a s/h copy of ver. 8. 8 seem to cover all my needs, and can be had quite cheaply in places like Kvr and Gearslutz.

But, comments about Live 9 are welcome too :)

cheers,
A
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Stability of Live

Post by Opuswerk »

I'm using it all the time. Pretty stable here, both for using software plugins and sequencing hardware ones.

I was using 8.8 for a long while, and upgraded to 9 when it came out. Still very solid in my opinion. If you're planning on preparing a liveset, I would be more afraid of computer stability under stress. I've seen too many livesets working perfectly in the home studio, and crashing halfway through in the club because of numerous hardware faults...
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
cytoplasm
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by cytoplasm »

it's crashing on me all the time. (live 9 suite, osx mountain lion, recent iMac)
sometimes random, and it doesn't play well with my amplitube, t-racks, spectrumworx and a lot of others.
that's the reason why I'm selling my license. Maybe it works on other systems, it does not on mine. Pretty pissed at them since live 8 was the same buggy crp.
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

@cytoplams: Are all your plugins legit and updated to their latest versions? I found that when i was having issues and craches, it was mostly due to faulty plugins.
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
MagpieIndustries
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MagpieIndustries »

I'm still using v4. Much more stable and does the job. Later versions just added bugs and useless crud. Prior to becoming a daw, it was a pretty good live tool. Now its a jack of all trades, master of none.
Alex Bizzaro
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Alex Bizzaro »

no problems here with ableton 9 and mountain lion
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Most solid release is live 9 imo. Best version yet.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest