ableton compatibility issues

all things.
dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: ableton compatibility issues

Post by dirddey_iddler »

Toloache wrote:Using a firewall isn't going to do anything to him.. The problem is that he has to deactivate the wireless card because it causes latency issues in ableton or other music softwares i think (hence the glitches). So even if he use a firewall to allow only ableton, he's going to have glitches because of the lan card.

I don't know what kind of stuff you have to do with the live set, but i think your best bet is to make your buddies collect all the tracks as audio and work with them in live 7
he didnt asked for a performance.

as i understand he want to work on the project in 7. so its only possible to open this project within the the version the jam was recorded or he has to install 9.

to allow 9 to registrate via the internet should help him to export the stuff. another solution is to boot from a new partion or create a new user account under windows, where you install 9 and export from there.

or he has to go u to 9.

btw. i dont have any problems with my lan card or anything else an my trusty and dusty win xp computer with RME Hammerfall
Toloache
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Toloache »

It depends what card you have, some are ok and don't cause issues, some suck. I've done a test with dpc latency checker on my laptop and my adapter cause a lot of latency. When i start woring on a project everything works correctly, as soon i start stacking vsts the system start glitching and i have to deactivate it. He's having the same problem.. From what steevio said you have to be conneted on the web for the demo to work, dunno i had the impression you have to be connected only to register and then you can work offline, but i don't have tried the demo so i don't know for sure!
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

yeah it must be the card, which is a NI Audio Kontrol, you'd expect that to work with Ableton :roll:

anyway, everything is under control, i'm just importing wavs into 7

peace
S