ableton compatibility issues

all things.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: ableton compatibility issues

Post by steevio »

update !!!!!!!!!

it doesnt work, because you have to be connected to the internet to use the demo of 9, but i have to disable the internet to use Live on my laptop or it glitches to fck.

catch 22

i'm fucked

funny how you can say fucked but not fck on here :D
dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dirddey_iddler »

steevio wrote:update !!!!!!!!!

it doesnt work, because you have to be connected to the internet to use the demo of 9, but i have to disable the internet to use Live on my laptop or it glitches to fck.

catch 22

i'm fucked

funny how you can say fucked but not fck on here :D
are you using OSX or WIN7??

i`m a OSX user, so i use tools like little snitch. You set which software is allowed to connect to the internet.

Did you checked the Directory of the project for audio files?
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

windows xp

it's all i need for Live 7, its all i use this laptop for.

but Live 9 says you can use XP to

yes there are audio files, its those which are glitching
dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dirddey_iddler »

in your case i would try a personal firewall.

does live 7 wants to send data although it deactivatet? i mean just install the demo of 9 and thats it. export the stuff you need, deinstall and never connect your notebook to the inet again.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

dirddey_iddler wrote:in your case i would try a personal firewall.

does live 7 wants to send data although it deactivatet? i mean just install the demo of 9 and thats it. export the stuff you need, deinstall and never connect your notebook to the inet again.
not sure what you mean bro; 'does live 7 wants to send data although it deactivatet?'

i have installed 9 and 7 still works fine.
dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dirddey_iddler »

oh sorry, i think i forgot an is :roll:

i mean if LIVE 7 is active or gets activated automatically if the computer reaches the internet
Toloache
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Toloache »

Using a firewall isn't going to do anything to him.. The problem is that he has to deactivate the wireless card because it causes latency issues in ableton or other music softwares i think (hence the glitches). So even if he use a firewall to allow only ableton, he's going to have glitches because of the lan card.

I don't know what kind of stuff you have to do with the live set, but i think your best bet is to make your buddies collect all the tracks as audio and work with them in live 7
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

Toloache wrote:Using a firewall isn't going to do anything to him.. The problem is that he has to deactivate the wireless card because it causes latency issues in ableton or other music softwares i think (hence the glitches). So even if he use a firewall to allow only ableton, he's going to have glitches because of the lan card.

I don't know what kind of stuff you have to do with the live set, but i think your best bet is to make your buddies collect all the tracks as audio and work with them in live 7
yes that is the problem.

but my buddies have already done the work on the jams, and they were recorded in 8 as far as i know.

i'm just going to work on the jams which havent been looked at yet, there's a lot of material, and just load the wavs into 7.

thanks anyway guys.