Ableton: Export Audio sounds muffled HELP!!!

all things.
mehta
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Ableton: Export Audio sounds muffled HELP!!!

Post by mehta »

steevio wrote:its gone a bit OT, but here's an interesting interview with Shawn Rudiman, he's another 'avoid multi tracking' guy, for the other good reason that you dont have time to get sick of tunes, and mess around around with them forever trying get them right,

http://www.djbroadcast.net/features/fea ... diman.html
cool interview! really like this guy's non-conceptual, non-purist approach to production.

great derailed thread here too ...
Wondermachine
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Wondermachine »

mehta wrote:
steevio wrote:its gone a bit OT, but here's an interesting interview with Shawn Rudiman, he's another 'avoid multi tracking' guy, for the other good reason that you dont have time to get sick of tunes, and mess around around with them forever trying get them right,

http://www.djbroadcast.net/features/fea ... diman.html
cool interview! really like this guy's non-conceptual, non-purist approach to production.

great derailed thread here too ...
1. Thanks for the interesting read
2. Ableton Live offers many advantages but DOES alter recorded sound. Muffled sound is the price to pay for the advantages Live offers.
Mono-xID
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Mono-xID »

i really can't hear this so-called "muffle" in my productions. Dunno the fuzz about it.
Rein
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rein »

as long as you turn warping of there's no muffled or altered sound in ableton, other than the altering your AD / DA converter does...

the reason your renders sometimes don't sound the same as your project unrendered, has to do with delay compensations in the DAW. ableton struggles with offsetting time on AU and VST units. if you have lots of these plugs on channels, your timing can get screwed in the rendering process. a good way to work around is, is either to render the VST output to audio tracks, or record the master output instead of rendering. many plugs go in oversampling mode when rendered, this causes other delay offsets, ableton sometimes just doesn't recognize them.

also, when you have a very big project, this tend to screw up the delay compensation as well. i notice things becoming slightly out of sync when going above 70% CPU constantly, although i'm not very in the box these days so that almost never happens...

some stuff to think about :)

PS: when working on a MAC, always use the AU plugs! at least ableton 8 will cause almost always delay compensation problems with VSTs
dubgil2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dubgil2 »

michaellpenman wrote:what are your recording and bounce settings?

what i tend to do to bypass abletons bouncing is to resample everything onto a spare audio channel and then just pluck the recording for the recorded audio folder.

sorry it's taken so long to return to this topic. This is what my solution has been; take a resampled channel recording out of the folder
Elektron MD UWmk2, Elektron SFX60mk2.