Ableton 8 Processor Issues

all things.
lejockey
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Ableton 8 Processor Issues

Post by lejockey »

Hi

I am having some problems with my live show recently. It runs fine for about 15 minutes then all of a sudden the proccessor meter at the top right shoots up and the audio starts cutting in and out. I have opened up windows task manager, and there is still plenty of RAM available, so I dont think thats the problem. I cant understand why it can run fine for a while then all of a sudden cut out. Any ideas greatly recieved :)
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Ableton 8 Processor Issues

Post by Opuswerk »

Did you add any new plugins? I've been having something like that with the d16 ones recently. Offline bouncing works perfectly fine, but realtime recording is a gamble.
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

Just to make sure you are focusing on the right problem I would suggest that next time it happens open your taskmanager and go to the performance tab, then open the Resource Monitor and then look under the CPU tab.

Check to see if it is Ableton that is hogging the resources and not some other program you might have installed that is automatically kicking in.

If its Ableton then at least you can eliminate all the other sources of your CPU problems. Then try running Ableton with no plugins at all and see if the problem occurs. If it doesn't happen in say, 2-4 time the normal amount of time that it usually happens in then chances are one of your plug ins is to blame. Then its just a matter of isolating the bad plugin and axing it.

To determine the bad plugin maybe try running some of your older work. Since you have not always had this problem its probably a recent plugin, although it possible that one of your older plug ins has become corrupted due to a failure in parts of your hard drive.

Anything is possible really when it comes to those kinds of problem but that is what I would do.
lejockey
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by lejockey »

Hi

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated. Turns out it was the proccessor overheating due to too much dust (the laptop is a year and a half old now). The live show I was having problems with was just audio loops I had bounced down from other tracks, was not using any vst plug-ins, just the odd ableton filter etc, and there was nothing else running, even discreetly in the background. I have really turned my windows seven into a bare bones operating system, and am really careful about programs I install/run etc to make sure they dont run in ghost mode when not loaded. It really was a simple as cleaning out the motherboard and all the dust from around the processors. The longer it would run for, the hotter it would get, so the last fast they would clock. Simple fix :)

Thought I would write my findings just incase it miht be useful to someone else in the future :)

Thanks again
kdgh
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kdgh »

gonna try that one !