Monotron Duo & Delay

Post by zentex »

anybody got these, any thoughts so far?
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Monotron Duo & Delay

Post by livecollective »

they are awesome, any specifics you'd like to know?

The duo is cool but I think the delay is probably one of the best pieces of kit to come out in a while. 50 dollar analog delay, I can deal with it. TBH I like the character it gives more than my moog 104z. The rhythmic atmospheres you can make just from creating feedback noise (turn back and forth the feedback time and repeat length) as well as tweaking the filter can lead to some of the most interesting movements.

I have found lots of use making some more of the newer style harder techno (blawan / boddika).
zentex
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by zentex »

yeah just wanted to know what uses people give them. i been using them for a couple of months now and i find them quite good for any sort of sounds, bass, pads, leads etc...even squeezed some pretty decent bassdrum sounds out of them. the Delay is definitely the sht! it's amazing how versatile they actually are, for the price. i even made a full album worth of experiments out of it (Duo connected thru Delay) and uploaded to bandcamp, check it here: http://spacefriend.bandcamp.com ;)
jessejames
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jessejames »

Do you run anything through the delay? Curious how high the fidelity is going through 1/8" instead of 1/4"
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

i personally found the monotron (standard) to be a bit too noisy to run a quality synth through it. (you can totally hear that noise in the OP's bandcamp(cool stuff btw))... but for making noise and sh!t... its awesome.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
zentex
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by zentex »

jessejames wrote:Do you run anything through the delay? Curious how high the fidelity is going through 1/8" instead of 1/4"
here's how i recorded:
zentex
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by zentex »

hydrogen wrote:i personally found the monotron (standard) to be a bit too noisy to run a quality synth through it. (you can totally hear that noise in the OP's bandcamp(cool stuff btw))... but for making noise and sh!t... its awesome.
sure that's the thing with these, they're noisy as hell, you get that real analogue hiss...it is a plus imo :)
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

most of my analogue gear is designed for almost 100% signal to noise ratio, or at least aiming for it. The noisiest stuff I have is digital.

You aren't going to hear the difference between 1/4" and 1/8" jacks / cables. You might want to consider it, but you aren't going to hear it.