Roland Space Echo

all things related.
devontodetroit
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Roland Space Echo

Post by devontodetroit »

Thanks for them delays settings, will experiment now..

PS, That UA plug need any hardware to run it? DSP?
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

devontodetroit wrote:Thanks for them delays settings, will experiment now..

PS, That UA plug need any hardware to run it? DSP?
yeah. you need at least an old UAD-1 card for that specific plugin (some require UAD-2 card or one of those new Firewire boxes).
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

devontodetroit wrote:I've got the soundtoys stuff, Was less than impressed with it tbh? Seemed to use alot of resources also.. My opinion only though.
did you take your time and checked all the tweaking options?
also how old is your computer? soundtoys plugs are not heavy on the cpu.

also nice for dubstuff is fabfilter twin.
techno made me do it
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

i like the ohmboyz delay. not really dubby but has a really nice sound of it's own.

if you want a space echo sound get a space echo. downsize is space, cost to maintain and price, but you will get that exact sound, and not just the sound that you have in mind, you always end up being pushed by inspiring machines, and find yourself doing things that you weren't expecting were within the capabilities of the machine.

Another option is a lot of guitar delay pedals use a great sounding BBD chip, which also has it's own unique sound, not tape delay and not digital either.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

deccard wrote:
devontodetroit wrote:I've got the soundtoys stuff, Was less than impressed with it tbh? Seemed to use alot of resources also.. My opinion only though.
did you take your time and checked all the tweaking options?
also how old is your computer? soundtoys plugs are not heavy on the cpu.

also nice for dubstuff is fabfilter twin.
Agreed on this one. Great plugs and not heavy on my system either (3 year old mbp)
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

sorry i ment fabfilter timeless...not twin
techno made me do it
ubergray
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ubergray »

oblioblioblio wrote:i like the ohmboyz delay. not really dubby but has a really nice sound of it's own.

if you want a space echo sound get a space echo. downsize is space, cost to maintain and price, but you will get that exact sound, and not just the sound that you have in mind, you always end up being pushed by inspiring machines, and find yourself doing things that you weren't expecting were within the capabilities of the machine.

Another option is a lot of guitar delay pedals use a great sounding BBD chip, which also has it's own unique sound, not tape delay and not digital either.
Good call.. A friend of mine uses guitar pedals which sound pretty astral or spacey .. Personally i use waves bundle.. It's very useful to make different types of sounds with echoes, and echoing atmospheres