Xone 62 update ?

combination thread.
Evad
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Xone 62 update ?

Post by Evad »

Themis wrote:its hard to find a good mixer that suits all your needs.

rodec? you dont like how the fader works or you dont like the fader cap? if you dont like how it works, what exactly ? the fader curve?

if you buy a good mixer you can modify most of that stuff, for example change fader caps or faders, or modify the fader curve.

so dont dismiss a mixer cause of a minor detail, it probably can be changed easy.
It's the fader + eq I don't like. Idd, the curve for the fader.
For the eq, it's too... you know what I mean, I find you can't move it as 'smoothly' as with other mixers.

I like the 'smooth' / long / subtle mixing. How eq and fader work are important.

Anyway, first world problems, I admit.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

hm maybe look into rotary faders?

i really like the eq of the 3 band xones until now i didnt find a mixer which cuts the frequencys the same way
Evad
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Evad »

True, but a rotary mixer is a no-no.
Not especially for me, but my girlfriend is also a DJ (she even plays way more than I do) and she doesn't want one :D

Anyway, thanks for your help so far.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

if you were happy with the xone 42 so far you should consider to buy it again, invest the money which you save into better speakers or room treatment.

i think that would give you more for your money than any upgrade.

thats what i would do, if i had not already done it :D

but here is a mixer i would buy ^^

the problem is, there are only oldschool like mixers which cost a lot > 1800 €
and there are these 1200-1400 mixers ala xone 92 or djm 800
which are not really better than all the mixers who cost half of that..

so either you invest a lot of money or a little.
i wouldnt go the middle way here
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

I think there's a lot of money being made in the DJ mixer market. I saw on another forum someone posted a 16 channel Siemens mixer that they personally chose over every mixer available from history for it's audio quality and with an unlimited budget to work with. They were upgrading and selling the current one for 2000 euros fully serviced and probably will work for 100+ years with not much effort. Every channel with transformer balancing, mic preamp, EQ. Elaborate sends and returns system. Serious music gear.

For sure some of the cheap DJ mixers are fine for the price and features, but I've noticed a lot of heavily priced stuff with pretty low quality features and poor construction.