Re: good mixer

Post by ray parry »

yeah its just for home use.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

jackbrazzo wrote:I do like the 92, i actually prefer the older 62 actually. I've been asked to recommend some mixers for a club installation recently and I recommended the 62 then 92 in that order.

Tell u what i did see the other day that 'looked and felt' good so no idea about the sound which is for course key!!

http://www.adjaudio.com/ProductDetails. ... ory=Mixers
look out for the 62 though, they seem to have the same fault coming up all time, one side of the master dies(goes very quiet) (cant remember if its left or right)
had it happen to 4 different 62s, when i quizzed the hire company about it, they told me it was a common fault, which was rectified in the 92. i've since hired 8 different 92s and own one, and its never happened to any of them.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

The 92 feels nicer too. I don't like the faders or level meters on the 62.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

level meters indeed suck, faders tho can be replaced..
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

my problem with the 92 and it is a small thing is that faders havent got a lot of give.

Anyone tried the formula sound mixers - I like them :0)
simonlb
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by simonlb »

I played on one a while ago, built like a tank and as far as I could tell sounded pretty good.
Barfunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Barfunkel »

oblioblioblio wrote:If I was looking to get a DJ mixer there's no way I would use the ones with an EQ with the 3 level controls for bass, mid, and treble... like a consumer HiFi. I'm used to Ableton and parametric style EQ is the only thing I would touch. But that's for my style of djing.
Just wondering, how do you use parametric EQ in a a DJ'ing situation where you don't have much time to muck around? I'm pretty slow at mixing and I'd never be able to use that many extra knobs, my hands are busy enough already. I hardly ever even touch the mid and hi knobs, mostly just use the bass knob when I'm mixing two tracks together.

Actually, the next step in my DJ'ing might be no EQ at all. Maybe buy an old Bozak or Urei, then add an isolator for the times I feel like Joe Claussell.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

jackbrazzo wrote: Anyone tried the formula sound mixers - I like them :0)
I haven't used the top of the range one. I have used the PM100 and FSM600 and both were sh!t. The EQ doesn't do anything.