combination thread.
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: good mixer

Post by ray parry »

ok thanks for your input.

what else is good sub 400?

just looking for 2 channels and nice enough sound for me to play my vinyls at home.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

can anyone tell something about those?

Barfunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Barfunkel »

ray parry wrote:ok thanks for your input.

what else is good sub 400?

just looking for 2 channels and nice enough sound for me to play my vinyls at home.
I have an Allen & Heath Xone 22 at home. 2 channels, decent sound quality, useable filters, all for 300€. Definitely reccommending that one in the price racket.
damnwords
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by damnwords »

Since we're asking about mixers, does anyone here have experience with these vestax mixers ?
Vestax VMC - 002 XLU - this one is ~200eur
There's also a 4 channel version for ~330eur or something

simonb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by simonb »

Barfunkel wrote:The Nuos are nice and sound good, but every single one I've used have had crackly/not working cue buttons after a while. Don't know if they've fixed the problem, but I've seen enough Nuo's to know that it is a real problem.
Funny you should say that, my cue/mix knob is starting to crackle quite badly when I move it, which I often do several times in each mix. It was never quite perfect (bought the mixer second-hand and it was in full working order apart from that, and still pretty much is years on) but that's definitely got worse.
Hades
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Hades »

Phase Ghost wrote:
pastapiu wrote:Phase Ghost, do you have an example of such a stand alone filter? Thanks
Moog Low Pass Filter, Sherman Filterbank, Frostwave Resonator or you could do a small modular filter setup. Honestly dude, the Xone mixers are nice. A good friend and a hell of a dj uses the filters to mix tracks almost exclusively. I've never owned a mixer with filters, so I never never really used them myself.
if you're looking for a DJ oriented filter, you're better off getting the Sherman/Rodec Restyler.
the filterbank ain't exactly the easy general go-to filter you might think it is.
It's a fantastic machine, but you need to invest some time in it, otherwise you're just gonna put out the more extreme noises you might not like unless you're proudinc a track or are into sound design.
The Restyler is built as a DJ tool with Sherman filters inside, it works fantastic with beats.

I have both in my studio, and love both, but for your purpose you're better off with the Restyler.
I went picking them up at Herman's place, so the guy showed me a thorough explanation of both machines.
The Restyler never interested me, untill he put on some records and showed me what you can do with it.
If you're at all looking for an external DJ minded filter, get that one, you won't regret it.
Also, they've only made 500 units, and Herman told me they stopped production, so chances might be they will become hard to get by in a few years.
eggnchips
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by eggnchips »

Rodec make amazing sounding mixers that are made in Belgium and not China.
Not many bells and whistles on there but they are simple and effective looking with quality parts.
I have an old MX180 that's built like a tank.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

That Rodec Looks dope. I'd get it but No Aux sends!!!

I'm in for a good 5 - 6 Channel mixer with Aux Sends. The only one that I know about is A&H Xone 92.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest