Re: Studio headphones

Post by Mono-xID »

Check out BEYERDYNAMIC DT-990 PRO for mixing purposes
Raddler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Raddler »

Hades wrote:well that's certainly detailed and a LOT more helpful for the OP :lol:
it almost seems like you have a bigger headphones fetish than me.

you even make me crave for a pair of them,
and god knows I already have enough pairs of headphones. :)

Did you ever try a pair ultrasone headphones ?
You should give them a try.
But I think they're not so easy to find outside Europe for testing.
I actually haven't tried the ultrasones, I have heard good things about them however....lol, now you got me curious! You try the senn's 600 and i'll try the the ultrasones, we'll then compare!!
Hades
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Hades »

Raddler wrote:
Hades wrote:well that's certainly detailed and a LOT more helpful for the OP :lol:
it almost seems like you have a bigger headphones fetish than me.

you even make me crave for a pair of them,
and god knows I already have enough pairs of headphones. :)

Did you ever try a pair ultrasone headphones ?
You should give them a try.
But I think they're not so easy to find outside Europe for testing.
I actually haven't tried the ultrasones, I have heard good things about them however....lol, now you got me curious! You try the senn's 600 and i'll try the the ultrasones, we'll then compare!!
I'll give them a go next time I'm in a shop that has them.
devontodetroit
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by devontodetroit »

Alex Bizzaro wrote:I read somewhere that Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO work well but I'm worried about sound leakage since it is open. I never tried an open headphone.
I was going to say the Beyerdynamic DT990's, I have two pairs, They are built to last for years (Which they seem to do, even with alot of use) and they seem to be an industry standard, Almost the NS10 of the headphone world?

You can't go wrong with them, In my experience.

DTD
nonplaced
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by nonplaced »

Regardless of sound quality, which admittedly is very good, the fact that every pair of Sennheiser headphones I've ever bought, usually in the £50-100 'prosumer' price range, have all failed in precisely the same way (first the left channel gets crackly, then goes completely, then the right channel) means I'd be hard pressed ever to give them my money ever again.

I needed some closed-back headphones a few years ago and bought the Beyerdynamics DT770 PROs, which are excellent and have a nice coiled cable to boot. And in 3 years I've had no problems with them whatsoever, aside from the usual eventual bass fuzz – and that took a couple of years to set it. When I next have the money I'll probably get the DT990s as I sort of prefer open-back headphones, being an obnoxious fuckwit on public transport.
simonb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by simonb »

nonplaced wrote:Regardless of sound quality, which admittedly is very good, the fact that every pair of Sennheiser headphones I've ever bought, usually in the £50-100 'prosumer' price range, have all failed in precisely the same way (first the left channel gets crackly, then goes completely, then the right channel) means I'd be hard pressed ever to give them my money ever again.
I agree that Sennheiser's stuff in the sub-£100 range can be a bit iffy, but on the other hand I can't fault my HD-25s. It's one thing I think is a shame about the company - I guess they're trying to appeal to various budgets but as a result I can't automatically say "Sennheiser make quality stuff".

I quite often use HD-25s for production, even moreso with my recent neighbour complaints, and find them quite good. However that's mostly because they're my DJ headphones, if I was buying something specifically for production I'd probably consider something else.
sublayer
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sublayer »

AKG K 141 MK II - 'updated version of the AKG legend'

http://www.akg.com/site/products/powers ... specs.html
zentex
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by zentex »

i have used KRK KNS-8400 phones and i must say they're the best sounding phones i've encountered. seriously. http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/mar11/a ... ns8400.htm