Studio Monitor Upgrade

combination thread.
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Studio Monitor Upgrade

Post by lem »

4am wrote: ...of course a well treated room with hi end monitors would not hurt, i could probably work faster, but would have to learn again....
What I found though was that higher end monitors don't take much time to get used to. To be honest the biggest part was unlearning so many little mental workarounds I had to make with poor quality monitors.
Maiyal
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Maiyal »

Bumping this, I am currently looking for my first proper monitors. I've been trying to do research, read this thread several times and at the moment I'm between
Mackie HR 824 Mk2
KRK VXT8
KRK RP10-3 ROKIT
Adam A7

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

I will try and go test some of these next week if I have the time to.

What do I use for speakers at the moment?
http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/speakers- ... vices/5872
tsankip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsankip »

I'm scared of Mackie's now, because a pair of MR8's had a little buzz in the back of the speaker panel. They still had it after they were replaced and Thomann sayd it's in the norms. I decided not to buy them. Is that common and normal?

Thinking of getting Hs80m's, but atm it seems like a good idea to wait a little while and to double or triple the budget and get something better.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

tsankip wrote:I'm scared of Mackie's now, because a pair of MR8's had a little buzz in the back of the speaker panel. They still had it after they were replaced and Thomann sayd it's in the norms. I decided not to buy them. Is that common and normal?
thats not the case with the HR 824's and 624's. i know a few people with them and there is no buzz.
Rein
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rein »

tone-def wrote:
tsankip wrote:I'm scared of Mackie's now, because a pair of MR8's had a little buzz in the back of the speaker panel. They still had it after they were replaced and Thomann sayd it's in the norms. I decided not to buy them. Is that common and normal?
thats not the case with the HR 824's and 624's. i know a few people with them and there is no buzz.
i've seen the same problem with the hr 824s of a friend. he detached the rear panel and putted a bit of rubber between the screws and the panel. no buzz anymore.
mykul
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mykul »

I've had my Adam A7X's for a couple of months now and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.