[UK] doblar presents LEVON VINCENT

any
LunaRecords
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

[UK] doblar presents LEVON VINCENT

Post by LunaRecords »

NYC Meets Middlesbrough!!

LEVON VINCENT (Ostgut Ton / Novel Sounds / Panorama bar)
BEARWEASEL (Warm Up / Resident)

Information
Levon Vincent has created quite a buzz on the Electronic Music scene of late . With a heavy dj schedule , personal invitations to rock Berghain from none other than Marcel Detmann . A much talked about podcast for Resident Advisor ; a no 54 spot on the best 100 ranking dj’s by Resident Advisor , massive releases on his own Deconstruct and Novel Sound imprints as well as a heavy hitter by the name of “Late Night Jam” on Berlin’s much revered label associated to the infamous Berghain/Panoramabar; Ostgut Ton .

Levon Vincent is a DJ and producer from NYC. He is part of the tri-state’s Underground Quality crew Headed by label owner Jus Ed. He runs the Novel Sound label and also makes records for Deconstruct Music, a second label which he manages alongside longtime friend Anthony Parasole (of House n Home/ The Club House).

”I spent my teenage years in the pre-Guiliani dance-friendly 90’s on 8th street at Patricia Field’s store, ticketing clothing in the basement during days, then spending my nights DJing and learning to make house music. In that era I DJ’d at clubs like Limelite, Shelter, Save the Robots, and Nation. The latter half of the 90s was pretty weak in NY, and I dropped out to focus on learning more about music. In 2002, I started working for Halcyon Records in Brooklyn where we hosted parties with DJs like Frankie Knuckles, Danny Krivit, Nicky Siano, Mark Kamins, Jus-Ed and many more inspirational figures. During this time I ran my first record label, “MoremusicNY” and I made my first deep house record, nomoreheros, (released in 2002). Jaymz Nylon heard it in the store and gave me some very important feedback, and helped me understand a newer approach to doing arrangements “on the fly”, which I then explored for the next several years. This technique proved to be a huge piece of the puzzle for me. In 2007 I began preparation for my label, Novel Sound, under the guidance of friend and mentor Jus Ed.”.

2010/11 has already a busy year for the dj/producer with a heavy dj tour schedule across Europe , Japan , Singaopre , USA and beyond. More goodies forthcoming on both Novel Sound and Deconstruct as well as Ostgut Ton.

TICKETS: RESIDENT ADVISOR
http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?323963

£5.00 Early Bird / £8.00 Ticket / £10.00 OTD

www.doblar.co.uk