KISS ME AGAIN w/ JUERGEN JUNKER (live!)

Friday 6 May 2011
9pm - 2am
LIFE Bar
2-4 Old Street, EC1V 9AA

--

FREE

--

Like our third-ranked favourite animal, the elephant, we at KMA have long memories. Almost three years ago, we asked Juergen Junker to spin at our inauspicious beginning in New Cross' Bunker Club. This month we're inviting him back, but lest you think we're repeating ourselves, Juergen will be bringing his MPC for our very first live-set. Those that stayed late enough for Lakuti's last record a few months back (JJ's "Unclean Mutha") or heard his new one on Laid will know why we're impatiently anticipating his set. Support as ever from Kiss Me Again residents Joe Delon (you caught him at Südelectronic last month, remember?) and Arty. See you on the dancefloor...

JUERGEN JUNKER - LIVE (Neurhythmics, Laid, Naïf)

The press blurb for Juergen's record on Efdemin's Naïf imprint last year tells the story of how we also discovered Juergen's liveset, although we were already familiar with his skills behind the decks and his friendly smile behind the counter of the dearly departed Smallfish record shop. Please substitute the name Peder for Efdemin in the following sentences: "The story of Naïf02 starts somewhere in east london four years ago in a dirty, dark wave club. Lakuti (Uzuri) had invited Junker to play live in one of her famous underground raves. Efdemin was blown away by his unique, dirty and soulful liveset played simply with an mpc 2000 sampler. From that moment on, Efdemin was a huge fan of junkers productions and played his records (on junkers own amazing imprint Neurythmics >you better check it out, folks!) regularly." Check JJ's soundcloud or new records on Laid and his own Neurhythmics for a taste of what to expect.

JOE DELON

Bump 'n' grind.

ARTY

Hugs 'n' kisses.

--

http://www.kissmeagain.co.uk/