AMsterdam Minimal

any
hNRk
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

AMsterdam Minimal

Post by hNRk »

well...

I am from germany and planing to study in amsterdam and i was just wondering about the techno/minimal scene in amsterdam.. i heard clubs close very early etc.
may be some of you know it better?
tell me more ;)
Tic Tac
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Tic Tac »

Hi hNRk

I think this is a request and the topic should be moved.

Anyway tip..sign up here and things will reveal themselves :arrow: http://www.studio-80.nl
So much music so little time
Harm Rhebergen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Harm Rhebergen »

in a way it is a request but it's about the clubs and parties so I think we better leave it where it is.. :wink:

anyway, amsterdam has some nice parties going on like Awakenings (minimal and harder techno - www.awakenings.nl ), Voltt (www.voltt.com), Mono (www.clubmono.nl), and others... 8)
*I support southern fruits*
Dopplereffekt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dopplereffekt »

Okay :).

Club 11 is programming a lot of minimal stuff especially from Get Physical Records. M.A.N.D.Y., Bookashade and DJ T have all been playing at this club on the 11th floor of the building. Club 11 had also names like Trentemoller, Magda and Mathew Dear.

Another great organization is Voltt (organised by our own Dutch hero Bart Skils). They have a really awesome list of parties they did in previous years like a boat party with Richie Hawtin, Ricardo Villalobos & Luciano and a special in Club 11. But mainly they are doing their thing in the Paradiso, an old church transferred to a nice club. Next month they have a new edition with names like Heathrob, Sleeparchive, Troy Pierce and The Wighnomy Brothers. I think these are the main spots according to minimal in Amsterdam. Besides that, you have the TWSTD-DJ Cafe with a lot of new talents playing there and sometimes big names who drop in like Dave Clarke of Laurent Garnier. When in Amsterdam, just go to the local record stores like Outland to catch up what is hot and coming.

Besides that, Utrecht and The Hague are not faraway. Utrecht has the Poema with great evenings (Karotte last week, and Krause Duo Nr. 2 coming up next month for example) and in The Hague the main factor is Phonocult from Sander Baan which programmed Zip, Sammy Dee & Pantytec (live) previous weekend.

And of course the legendary parties Awakenings are worth checking out.

Check also the Dutch but English-spoken forum on the underground club scene: www.beatfreax.nl

www.voltt.com
www.phonocult.com
www.poemaproductions.com/poema
www.soundarchitecture.nl
www.awakenings.nl