Minus Contakt Events 2008

any
attentat
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by attentat »

svenlito wrote:the parties might be one thing, but the whole cube story .... whats next, m_nus RFID´s ?

If you click on the buy now option you will see that the card they issue has an RFID chip in it. This is from the site.

With your paid membership you receive:
- Minus Contakt RFID enabled unique membership card

So there you go. pretty weird in my opinion.

It also says that by participating with the cube you can help unlock it's "true potential" Well I think it's obvious what it's true potential is. Make Money. You can only interact with the Cube if you pay to be a part of the club. This is all fine and good but it's being advertised like it's some new great community building thing and that seems a little dubious to me.

it also says that the cube is designed to be " an interactive environment that offers a new, closer form of communication." what is so new about impersonal interactions with stars? If they really want to communicate with people and open up new forms of communication they could host ten free parties all over the world and allow as many people to attend as possible. They could give away their music for free. They get so many gigs and free music and booze why do they need to charge for it.

I guess they need to figure out away to make sure they have good retirement funds and this is some kind of push to make as much money as they can before people realize that Minus is a bunch of BS. This is to bad for me because I have been actively trying not to hate on Minus but they are asking for it with this garbage. This is some of the most annoying sh!t I have ever seen happen in techno. How alienating can you be? I mean you can't even turn the damn song off that keeps playing on the site.

I guess it's time to start boycotting Minus again.
move like a wild panda.
http://www.communikey.us
Rich
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rich »

" You can only interact with the Cube if you pay to be a part of the club. "

Has Richie become a scientologist?!?

:lol:
attentat
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by attentat »

Rich wrote:
Has Richie become a scientologist?!?

:lol:

I believe it's minimalologist. Obi-Wan Hawtin or maybe Richie-Wan Kanobi

I don't have privileges to post images but this link will take you to the perfect place.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... -EpIII.jpg
move like a wild panda.
http://www.communikey.us
okzbow
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by okzbow »

behold the CUBE!!

PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

place your bets how long it will take before the Cube has been stolen somewhere.
filthypitcher
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by filthypitcher »

PsyTox wrote:place your bets how long it will take before the Cube has been stolen somewhere.
LOL!

You would be charging a fair few € too to your gigs if you just bought a really expensive light up perspex cube as a ketamine induced impulse buy.
Alex Biron
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Alex Biron »

This is all very strange. I'll be impressed if "The Cube" lives up to any of this hype but hey, at the worst Contakt will be a series of overpriced Minus events. And since most of the minus sets are priceless, I'm not complaining. Haha I love Gaiser in that pic though, his neutral expression is so bored.
lostinmusiq
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by lostinmusiq »

What is the difference between a Contakt Event and a regular Minus showcase with a similar lineup?

The Contakt events bring together a special lighting and stage design to heighten the experience for the audience. Each of the performers at Contakt are encouraged to mix their shows together, overlapping, and creating a new mix out of the unique sounds and style of each artist. For example, Hearthrob continuing to add his own percussion elements over Magda's DJ set, Marc Houle adding samples intermixed with Hawtin's set. We expect the Contakt performance to grow and mutate over the year and morph into a new type of collaborative artist performance.
Minus showcases are more traditional lineups where each artist is booked for a certain amount of time, ie. live shows 1 hour, DJ 2+ hours, and scheduled specific performance time.