04-09-04: Sound Architecture, Less=More (Rotterdam)

any
Harm Rhebergen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

04-09-04: Sound Architecture, Less=More (Rotterdam)

Post by Harm Rhebergen »

SOUND ARCHITECTURE PRESENTS: Less is More

Saturday 04 September 2004

STEVE BUG [DE]
Pokerflat, Dessous.

LUCIANO [DE]
Perlon, Transmat, peacefrog.

TOBI NEUMANN [DE]
aka Glove, Cocoon, Monza

MELON [NL]
5 days off,Lowlands.

MINIDELL
News, Minimal Eindhoven.

MAKCIM
News, Minimal Eindhoven.

EL-P
Minimal Eindhoven.

Biography Luciano

"Born in 1978, Luciano is a DJ since 1993 and a producer since 1997. In the mid-90's, he was promoting Sense Club and Encuentros con la Technocultura in Santiago de Chile in the company of many initiators of the Latin American electronic music scene: Senor Coconut AKA Atom Heart, Ricardo Villalobos, Dandy Jack & brother Adrian Schopf, Washington Miranda, Argenix Brito, Microman etc.

He's played radio stations and DJed clubs & events in Santiago and Latin America, Germany, Spain & Holland, settling in Switzerland in 2000 to release on Mental Groove Records in Geneva, where he also holds a residency at the Weetamix club. His releases appear on the Transmat, Perlon, Lo-Fi Stereo, Bruchstuecke and Klang Elektronik record labels.

Luciano's mixed Swiss & Chilean identity shows in his music, a somewhat mystical blend of deep techno & electro that integrates southern elements in rhythms and colorful patterns in sound. His collaborations with Ricardo Villalobos (Playhouse, Perlon, Warp, Force Inc etc.) as Sense Club are especially rewarding, as is his partnership with Pier Bucci and Argenix Brito as Monne Automne.

Mellowing his style as times goes by, getting more experimental and spacey with a fresh style of his own, Luciano's production is destined to the wiser dancefloors that have enjoyed his live sets in Peru, Chile, Argentina, the U.S., Spain, Germany & Switzerland. DJ-wise, Luciano's trade relies on groovy & minimal".

Biography Melon

Melon aka Jeroen Hofer was born in Basel, Switserland. After two years he moved to Holland. Growing up with black music Melon already knew at a young age that music was his big passion. At middle school he started off being the dj at the school parties. During high school he started a band named " het gekkenhuis" together with some school mates. At that same time started to experience with electronics by buying a Amiga 500 with sampler and a DR500.

After a few years Melon checked all the possibilities with his equipment and decided to sell it all and move to Amsterdam. Living in Amsterdam he attended the school for graphic designers and became a regular visitor at the Mazzo (RIP).

He partied a few years and realized that he missed producing music. He found his way in spinning records and after a few weeks he already started playing in the Greenhouse Effect by hosting the friday nights. Getting more experienced with spinning he met Simon Melia. Together with him, Bart Thimbles and Rob Boskamp they started in april 1998 the "Sub" in the Mazzo. The Sub was a breakbeat oriented night with every thursday guests from all over Europa like: Adam Freeland, Cornflake Junkie, alias Poeh, Laidback, Rombout and Radar.

With the Mazzo as their residency the Sub traveled through the country with the Sub-soundsystem and played in clubs like: De Winkel van Sinkel, Paradiso, Nighttown and Simplon and at some underground parties. Unfortunatly the Mazzo ended this coorperation because the Sub didn't aprove to the commercial standards the Mazzo was expecting from them. By re-uniting some other breakbeat collectives "SUBUNITED" was born. Melon became a resident DJ of the Subunited parties in the Paradiso and performed with people like Adam Freeland, Matthew Buschwaka, Moloko, a live drummer and three decks at the main stage of Paradiso.

In the mean while Melon had changed his weekly Friday at the Greenhouse with a new Friday night in cafe Vaaghuyzen. He started of with "Cheese" which he changed to "RawMeat" after three years. During these nights Melon went back to his roots of black music and started playing house and disco again. Now a days Melon still hosts the Friday night at Vaaghuyzen. This night is famous of Melon's solo sets which sometimes last 13 hours!

After a year that the Sub quit at the mazzo Melon got asked by DJ Steffi (Klakson) to start a new project at the Mazzo. At this time Melon found a new sound in the upcoming minimal house and techno.

At this way "Lomotion" was born to promote this sound. With guests like: Ricardo Villalobos, Dexter, Eric de Man and 154 they filled the Sunday nights at the Mazzo. After a year it was time for Lomotion to find a new place because the Mazzo decided to change their program. Lomotion organised some one-offs at the Paradiso with for instance The Two Lone Swordsman and is still searching for a new place.

In this periode Melon also became a member of the Acapulco nights. Together with the other residents Melon played as a draqqueen named Vanesso del Rio. Throughout the whole country they played together with bizarre acts and shows at festivals likes Dance Valley, Mysteryland, Impulz, 4 Elements an the Awakenings parties. Acapulco nights has his residency in the Panama club where they organise theme parties every other friday of the month.

Now a days Melon is playing all different styles with minimal funky house as the main line. Melon is inspired by Blackmusic and DJ's as Derrick Carter, Theo Parrish, Ron Hardy and Ricardo Villalobos.

During his DJ career Melon has played in clubs like: Mazzo, Paradiso, Time, Vaaghuyzen, Melkweg, Boom Chicago, Catacombe, Repetitiehuis, More, Panama, Arena, AMP Studios, Nighttown, Axl, Simplon, Winkel van Sinkel, S t a l k e r, Patronaat, Diogness, Donkey Kong, Eff e n a a r, Tivoli, Doornroosje, De Vloer, Club de Ville, Gashouder, Escape, De Kring, Hoekloos, Zuidas, Now & Wo w, Docklands, Douaneloods, Members Only, De Rechter, Fun Factory, 020, Dogstar.

Melon's future plans are starting his own label and finally bring out his long expecting tracks. He is also starting a new night with the "Tuning Spock Dorks" every other thursday of the month at the Twisted in Amsterdam.

Off_Corso
kruiskade 22
Rotterdam
Damage 12.50,-
presale @ www.beep.nl

:wink:

Luciano and Steve Bug!!! I'm definately there!!!!!

I did some editing... -ix
*I support southern fruits*
Harm Rhebergen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Harm Rhebergen »

Nice... :wink:
veertje
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by veertje »

Hmm looks good !! :)

Maarreh... volgens mij is 4-elements dan ook... :?

GreetinX
Veertje
Harm Rhebergen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Harm Rhebergen »

4 Elements has been cancelled...

And besides that, f*ck 4 Elements... :wink:
tecknoism
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tecknoism »

hmm...lookin' my schedule now... :roll: fck that, I dont look so far! :lol: that night is 2months ahead.. first Ibiza, then the other. besides that, nice lookin' line-up but the off-corso is killing me.. nowadayz every night is half full of people (or empty). too bad ON has left the building. we will see....
Peace Out
Mr.Walker
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Mr.Walker »

Very nice line-up, i'll be there and looking forward to it :D
Less Is More.
Permeister
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Off_Corso

Post by Permeister »

I'm looking forward to this minimal party!!!