Closing of Bar25

any
slickrick
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Closing of Bar25

Post by slickrick »

Berlin's Bar25 to close

After four years of existence Berlin's Bar25 will have to leave the area at Holzmarkstrasse. Like Club der Visionäre, Bar25 is famous for its location (right next to the banks of river Spree) and its louche afterhours vibe.

Nowadays Bar25 is much more than a former 'singles' bar, where contemporary minimal sound is regularly played by a number of local spinners. Today, Bar25 is a complex with a small amphitheatre, budget bungalows, and a tiny restaurant.

Despite all that commitment the owners of Bar25, including near-by establishments such as Yaam, Oststrand, Space Beach and others, knew that one day everything will be over.

Soon the huge area between bridges Elsenbrücke (near Ostkreuz, Trep-Tower) and Jannowitzbrücke (close to TV tower) will get a totally new makeover.

The whole Eastern riverbank is owned by Spree Urban Entwicklungsgesellschaft mbH, a subcompany of sanitation department BSR. This conglomerate wants to build a residential condo / office space on that area, which is part of an urban architecture project developed by media spree e.V.

There are several groups trying to exact a legal decision, as the whole concept doesn't pay any attention to already existing businesses (such as Bar25) and other social aspects.

"From the first days the owners of Bar25 knew that one day their contract could become quitted" says Lothar Kramm, BSR Chief Financial Officer. "It's absurd that companies who praise and use Berlin's club culture for their PR are now threatening and destroying the same club cultural landscape with their own plans" replies Bar25's Christoph Klenzendorf.

Once again, the whole situation will probably end up in a typical Berlin way - with a big trouble due to lack of communication and understanding.

http://www.filter27.com/archives/2007/0 ... lin_gr.php
Elektric Salsa
antonio_pt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by antonio_pt »

sht :shock: i need to check it this summer before it closes down then. all i hear is good recommendations of the place.
Harpunero
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Harpunero »

What a shame !! :cry: :cry:

I'll be there at the end of the month for the sunday adventure club ... :D
latin_funk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by latin_funk »

Any idea when this is planned for? Hope they can run the season through and at least keep open until the end of September!!!
Red Kite
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Red Kite »

The only trouble with this is that all the GHB victims will invade other places now. Really not much of a loss imo.
"In my life I widened a lot of holes!" (Jeff Milligan, talking about slipmats)
topperanza
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by topperanza »

Red Kite wrote:The only trouble with this is that all the GHB victims will invade other places now. Really not much of a loss imo.
+1
...the last thing i remember is...

https://soundcloud.com/topper
fredrik_h
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fredrik_h »

Red Kite wrote:The only trouble with this is that all the GHB victims will invade other places now. Really not much of a loss imo.
you have a serious problem with people doing drugs and just have to pinpoint it in almost every thread don't you? I thought you had spoke your mind already in that "music/creativity and drugs"-thread... come on, relax. ;)
topperanza
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by topperanza »

i think here the problem is ghb...at least for me it is...
...the last thing i remember is...

https://soundcloud.com/topper