mnml.nl

Want to join? Send us a message info (at) @ mnml.nl with a preferred username and we'll send you a login!
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:30 pm 
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

"This mix was recorded live at Hoppetosse Berlin on Sunday, at the unofficial "New Kids On Acid" after hours, where I spontaneously and totally unexpectedly accepted to take over the party. I didn't have my records with me, as I wasn't booked for the party, so I ended up playing for 8 hours from my USB key I had in my wallet. We finished at 1pm on Monday. Despite some sloppy mixes I decided to upload the whole recording, only the last 3 h are missing- unfortunately the recorder stopped earlier then the party :)"

Last edited by Bengi on Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:32 pm 
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

INSANE MiX

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:05 am 
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Anybody knows the track at 2:30:15? The vocal says "do you wanna feel the bass with me"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:13 pm 
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

great tracks in here.

2:30:15 is :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGmVKc0iIQA

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:18 pm 
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

You can hear it in the mix that it was totally unexpected and natural, great vibes.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:37 pm 
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Thank you mate - carl finlow at his best

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:05 pm 
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

stellar mix indeed, some gems in there

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:31 am 
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Tape27 wrote:
Thank you mate - carl finlow at his best

a selection of works by Carl is coming at juno on 21 Jan: https://www.juno.co.uk/search/?q%5Ball% ... thcoming=0

""Foreword by Ben (For Those That Knoe)
As a young person growing up in West Yorkshire, my experiences of true underground clubbing became intertwined with names such as Back to Basics, 20/20 Vision and Carl Finlow. That period in the early 2000's became a life-affirming time for my young self. Frequent trips to Back to Basics, then held at the Mint Club helped forge my outlook on electronic music and how it should be played in a club environment. I would often hear stories about ""the Farm"" and the late night parties and studio sessions. The anecdotes and tales of US icons recording in the countryside with the local guys provided only a small insight into the creativity and fun that must have gone on during those years. Cut to now in 2017, whilst looking back to those times more than fifteen years ago, I can proudly say that the dots have been joined and the connections now formally established. I'm immensely proud to say that Carl Finlow, the understated king of British electro, and I, have put together a selection of his works that provides a themed snapshot into his musical history.

The music I have chosen with Carl may not be all of his biggest tracks but it is the music that is special to me. The selection has a vibe, one that is deep and emotive, music for the head as well as the feet. I hope you hear it in the same way.

If you don't know Carl Finlow, now you knoe.""