OMG OMG OMG!!!

- dj/live pa

Moderators: John Clees, Benjamin Fehr, Tim Tor, Thomas Melchior

re.vise
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by re.vise »

what is shitty about tiesto? good mixing technique, great choice of tracks in his style, great label with multi talents on it. he has done alot for the trance scene. dont be an azz because your not digging his sound, this does me remind me of the hawtin-bashing. he isnt one of the best djs without a reason.
codix
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by codix »

good point! re.vise is right. you don´t become that big, without work.
And for sure he knows what he does.

Would you also bash minilogue? cause they produced trance, before to started the minilogue project ;)

a vid can be funny. but it should not be used for bashing or something
like that
Marvid
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Marvid »

Well - you want it, you get it.
In our fucked up society, where profit maximization is above all, being big mostly means to sell your soul and become the biggest whore in your sector.
Trance is a perfect example for this, which I like to compare to german schlager-sh!t. Just a multi-million business, working with formulaic presets for people without (in this case musical) identity/individuality, that simply consume what the herd does.
I started my clubbing experience with trance in early to mid 90s and left as it died a horrible death in sellout in late 90s. And it's got even worse since then. So I would never ever bash Minilogue for their trance roots as we share them - but they evolved, left nowadays trance behind and I like & play their actual releases.
Today I have to listen to new trance-releases every weak at work - and I hate it with a passion. No innovation, no experiments, no art and therefor no artists - just a huge block of ugly concrete. Just the repetition of a formula to trigger the most simple emotions, over and over again. And that just hurts.
I can understand that young people on search for identity get hooked by it for some time, I can understand that a big industry has grown around this as they are easy to milk - but please dont call it music, dont call it art.
Yes, there is anger & hate in me like in any human being - and in trance I found a target to focus it on without harming anything that doesnt deserves it. For me that's it's only justification of existence.
Yes, I do feel better now, can go out and spread love.
And no, I dont care :)
re.vise
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by re.vise »

im not reading your reply, sorry.
Marvid
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Marvid »

:lol:
Jap_
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Jap_ »

re.vise wrote:what is shitty about tiesto? good mixing technique, great choice of tracks in his style, great label with multi talents on it. he has done alot for the trance scene. dont be an azz because your not digging his sound, this does me remind me of the hawtin-bashing. he isnt one of the best djs without a reason.
Ok, well obviously it is a matter of opinion and perhaps shitty DJ doesn't really capture my opinion. My opinion is that he lacks innovation and he really has not done much for Trance at all. If you are familiar with Trance then you should understand that it matured long before Tiesto came around. Trance had lost its innovation and interest and went mainstream by the time he started making a name for himself.

...and the reason he has done so well has not so much to do with his ability to select play mostly uninspiring tracks in a linear and uninspiring way (from a technical DJs perspective) and everything to do with financial backing and a skilled marketing team.
Jeff Milligan vs JAP_ --> https://soundcloud.com/jap-1/themethod
lcaise
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by lcaise »

Tiesto is not an artist, he is a commercial product ....

facebook.com/lcaise.official
facebook.com/tanztonerecords
ewinz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ewinz »

omg, that sucks really hard