release date:
Jan. 4th, 2011

1: Is It (My Insanity)
2: That Lil' Rattlesnake
3: Is It (Ed Davenport rmx)
4: Is It (Marco Resmann rmx)

LISTEN HERE: http://soundcloud.com/we-are-1/sets/a-p ... nsanity-ep

Review:

If you haven't heard of Dilo and [a]pendics.shuffle, you might need some back story. The two are Pea People from the Pod planet who were dropped here on earth around 30 years ago in Argentina and the United States of America. Despite crash landing far, far apart, they eventually found each other and chose to do the ritualized mating dance of their home planet together (making music, its totally non-sexual since the pea people reproduce through parthenogenesis).

Their new EP, Rattlesnake Insanity, gets that sweaty, writhing ritual feeling all up in your ear-holes. Is it My Insanity's percussion pops, tickles and fizzles all over the place while the washed, metallic hits of space and rockets vrooming are far in the background. Only the vocal reminds you that they are beckoning for you. "Did you lead me here?" indeed. That Lil' Rattlesnake on the other hand is overtly a come on. Steeped in whatever goo those pea-people ooze, its writhing, snakey bass and "want to slide up inside you" vocal do exactly what they were meant to. Oh sh!t, are your undergarments missing?

On remix duties, Earthlings Ed Davenport and Marco Resmann both turn in more earth bound mixes. Ed's ups the big synths to swirl around a cavernous room and add seesaw hats to keep the energy banging. The thunderous Kick doesn't hurt either. Marco's distinct Berlin tech-house version keeps the funk and adds a lilt and swing that focuses the question "Is it My Insanity" by confusing you and keeping you moving at the same time. Afterhour Magic.

DJ FEEDBACK:

"very good men! all tracks are good" -Jorge Savoretti (esperanza)

"well done -good stuff again !!!!" 
-Anthony Collins (Vakant, Freak n' Chic)

"Great Ep, would like to play!!!" -Mathias Kaden (Vakant)

"bomb release with fantastic remixes. love the ed davenport rmx, could play this a lot if you send me the mp3 files 
thanks" 
-DJ emerson (Micro.fon, Sub Static)

"DAMN BOY! Once again, the sh!t is real. FULL support. What a nasty-ass Christmas present. Perfect." 
-Deepchild (Resopal/Trapez)

"Diggin tracks 1 and 2 , and the Marco remix (trk 4)!! Boo Yaaaa" 
-Big Bully (Mineral, Get Physical, Tic Tac Toe)

"love the remixes! thanks :)" 
-Mark Henning (Clink, Trapez, Soma)

"great release! full support! " 
-Benno Blome (Sender)

"Love it!! this combo is on FIRE!!" 
-Mikael Stavostrand (Sunset Diskos, Adjunct, Thema)

"Wicked stuff from start to finish. Loving it. Big support!" 
-Simon Beeston (Highgrade Records, District Of Corruption)

wow! superb release, 2 of our favorite producers coming together again for some good ol nasty grooves!! will play the fck out this one!! 
loving the 2 originals for us, but remixes are pretty tight too! full support!! 
-signal deluxe ( blaq, thoughtless)

"pure insanity - loving these!! the davenport remix is nice, but the originals will be in high rotation... HQ please!" 
-noah pred (Thoughtless Music, Immigrant)

"Great EP again! Happy Xmas:)" 
-Sebastian Russell (My Best Friend, Adjunct)

"nice dirty fck bombs from crazy-man dilo and ken! please keep feeding them and also play the marco resmann rmx!"
-Ben Parris (Foundsound)

"4 great artists on one release? keep it coming! love the originals especially, but all good. oh, and who wrote the onesheet? its fucking awesome!"
-Beaner (Bar 25)

"what a mind blowing christmas present! full support!"
-Kai Limberger (Subculture)

"really strong release ! hard to choose a fav..all tracks are very special for me !!"
-Pherox (Dumb-Unit)

"thanks for this present i really like Is It (My Insanity) i play last week end at la ruche really nice work"
-Nicolas Duvoisin (FFR, La Ruche)