[ND011] Broken & Dan Doran incl Solar Remix(Solar &

Post by nodough »

Artist: Broken and Dan Doran
Title: A square peg in a round hole
Catalogue #: ND011
Format: wav, mp3
Release Date: 24/04/09
Release Type: Green

...........................................................................................................

LISTEN HERE

...........................................................................................................

Hi’s that shake, beats that bounce, bells that ring , drums that...well...drum, and a sub bass that carves through the middle like a snake on sand, Blacktone comes in 3 versions. An original which carries snippets of female vocals throughout worked around dragged out reverb tails and a lead flute-like melody, this track is a continuous groover. The remix follows from someone whose talent has been highly accredited by other labels such as Diynamic, Meerestief LTD, Ostwind and Sportclub, as a solo artist or alongside Marc Poppcke as Solar&Poppcke. Daniel’s remix is deep and straight to the point, dubby and clean cut. Splicing up the vocal and lead melody has forged the track into something completely new and fresh, something he has done for No Dough in the past, and again without fault. In some ways classed as a DJ Tool, the instrumental version delivers equally as much as the original, leaving the vocal out of the framework.
On the B-Side so to speak, is C Side, another take on Broken and Dan Doran’s indulgence for live instrumental sounds. Layered pads, smooth undertones and obscure delays dominate a large part of the track, all relayed in an almost hypnotic manner. A solid release from these guys yet again, after their success on Fling earlier his year.

FEEDBACKS

Joel Mull – “C Side. This one does the wiggle.”

Danny Tenaglia – “Sounds good. Gonna try it.”

Jo Mills – (Circo Loco) – “really like the Daniel Solar remix, great mix ready for summer, it really swings with a infectious groove.”

Oscar G – “Cool. Dig Daniel Solar remix.”

Michel de Hey - "Very nice ep, cool dj food."

Davide Squillace - "I'll play the instrumental!"

Luke Solomon - "Loving this...full support on the original."

Livio & Roby - "Good bits, we play ! ta!"

Kabale und Liebe - "I like c side."

Agus Arbol - (DeeJay Magazine Spain) - "Daniel Solar mix is fantastic! Will support in our radioshow!"

Stephan Bodzin - "Hit. nothing else. will play the instrumental!!! wow."

Anthony Collins - "The Solar remix is very cool."

Tobi Neumann - "Good package! like the original and the daniel solar remix. c-side is also nice.. i support this ep! best."

Varoslav - "Really nice release! I will play! like all the tracks.good one! my fav is c side!"

Osunlade - "Dope sound. Diggin the bounce of it all!"

Greame Reedie - "Great mix from mr solar . Be playing that loads for sure."

Hernan Cattaneo - "Good release!"

Audiofly - "Love the daniel solar remix...will support."

Chris Fortier - "Daniel Solar mix and cside are cool."

Lee Burridge - "Cool. Like the vibe. Will play a few of these tracks. vocal, remix and c side which is my favorite."

Lee Jones - (MyMy) - "Like the vocal. nice flute sound."

Ashley Beedle - "It's the Blackstone vocal on this EP."

Gregor Tresher - "C Side is the one for me, excellent groove, will play it out."

Cirillo - "Tribal may back,I do like this mix."

DJ Gregory - "Love the daniel solar remix."

Christian Smith - "I loved it until the break. that melody kind of turned me off. i might make an edit of this without that annoying melody. the groove is awesome though! the c-side track is cool. will play."

Craig Morrison - (Silicone Soul) - "The Solar mix is dopeous, will play this!"

King Roc - "C side and Solar remix for me ta. I like the vibe of Broken & Dan Doran's drums. Really loose and live."

Jose Maria Ramon - (Ibiza Global Radio)- "Fantastic 5 stars sound! Blacktone vocal ! Lovely flute!! Really love Daniel Solar Remix!! C side its lovely to! will play it for sure!"

Tom Wax - (You FM Germany) - "Daniel Solar´s remix is a huge tune!"

Steve parry - (Juice FM UK) - "Solar mix is chunky."

Christopher Colak - (Dinamo FM Istanbul) - "Very tribal very good music. Full support fro me."

DJ Broadcast Magazine Hollad - "Excellent package! will try vocal & The Daniel Solar mix."

Groove Garcia - (DeeJay Magazine Spain) - "Like so much the groove of the tracks... perfect for a fresh sessions this summer in ibiza!!"
[/url]