// clever 003 - NAW - Anagram EP

- free art
gooner
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by gooner »

plaster wrote:some eqing could be very usefull for this EP,cos it's damn good,but some sounds are pressed to much behind.

thumbs up!
fair comment... the sound is pretty different to the 1st 2 releases... very in-your-face harsh sounds... that's just his style! :)
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

i prefer the sound he's got sometimes...i bet those tracks would pump good on a club PA.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
naw
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by naw »

thanks for the feedback guys...
if you are interested in my more textural material you can check it out on noise factory records... www.noisefactoryrecords.com/naw.htm
alot of the material on the anagram ep was recorded between 2002 and 2004 and is really the polar oposite to the other material I normally release. Im interested in working with eather sharp square sounding sounds or round soft warm sounds... the anagram stuff is all about sharpness and layers or that sharpness.....
I agree with the eqing stuff but that material was recorded and mastered in a particular manner so that it came out that particualar way, more of an experiment really as is 99.999 percent of all my music is.
to bad I didnt know about this fourm 2 months ago when I was touring around france and looking for more shows in europe...
:)
but now Im back in cold freezing canada... anyone for a snow cone?
;)
Leander_Techno
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Leander_Techno »

naw wrote:thanks for the feedback guys...
if you are interested in my more textural material you can check it out on noise factory records... www.noisefactoryrecords.com/naw.htm
alot of the material on the anagram ep was recorded between 2002 and 2004 and is really the polar oposite to the other material I normally release. Im interested in working with eather sharp square sounding sounds or round soft warm sounds... the anagram stuff is all about sharpness and layers or that sharpness.....
I agree with the eqing stuff but that material was recorded and mastered in a particular manner so that it came out that particualar way, more of an experiment really as is 99.999 percent of all my music is.
to bad I didnt know about this fourm 2 months ago when I was touring around france and looking for more shows in europe...
:)
but now Im back in cold freezing canada... anyone for a snow cone?
;)
Cool.. As a producer I'm interested in what sotfware/gear you use for your productions.. So can you please tell me something about that?
Creative use of technology is a form of Art
carbon_copy
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by carbon_copy »

Great release! I've liked everything Clever has put out. Keep 'em coming. Cheers.
Rich
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rich »

Nice to see an artist joining the forum and discussing his music with the people who listen to it. Respect to you Naw. I downloaded a couple of your tracks from clever music maybe six months ago, and I was pretty impressed with the style. Keep it up!
kh4n
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kh4n »

I informed Neil about this forum yesterday.. he was looking for feedback on Anagram, and since Pheek, Paul Keeley, Jeff Bennett and others are on here, well... why not?

with NAW, his live sets are where its at. I've heard him play over 10 times since moving to Montreal a few years ago... always improvised, therefore keeping things different and interesting. deep hypnosis often takes hold.. ;)
naw
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by naw »

gee thanks guys your all going to make me blush
for the tracks on this ep I used a combination of various max/msp patches written by myself, twerk and leafcutter jhon.
most of the sound maiplulation came from the synthasis of the sounds them self from the patches or how these synthasised sounds were played back and sequenced again useing these patches. the idea was to try to make stuff using as little sound processing as possible from out side efx so the only efx really used on these tracks were a bit of delay. most of the efx were gnerated in the way the sounds were made or playedback/sequenced together.
I hope this helps in some manner to let you know a bit about the software I used for this ep...
and khan thanks for the kind words dude... :)