[corpidextra] 013 Drei Farben House - "Fashion EP"

Post by corpid »

Artist: Drei Farben House
Titel: Fashion EP
Label: Corpid Extra
Katalog-Nummer: 014
Style: House
Homepage: www.corpid-label.de, www.dreifarbenhouse.net

Drei Farben House from Hamburg comes back to Corpid with his Fashion EP. Elegant and shimmering house music, smooth and fluent, like a tailored costume by Chloé. Once again, soft and seductive melodies make the perfect soundtrack for a style-concious outing to the dancefloor.

The cover artwork, which has been made by graphic designer Thomas Polajner, revives one of fashion's high times, combining sixties' haircuts and fonts with modern types.

1. Wearability
2. Signature Design
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

The first track is good deep minimal house...the kind of thing I would probably play early in a deep slowly moving upward kind of set. Might play it at an upcoming benefit show (the is an art show and dinner- might work with the mood).

For me, track 2 (signature design), has too much of a Pet Shop Boys feel. I like the pet shop boys and all but the whole 80s fashion music was done already and Felix made fun of it (and everyone jumped on the band wagoon) and now we make fun of felix. But, it still has good production.

However, I have been waiting to hear something from Drei Farben House for a while. The stuff I downloaded of his over a year ago has seen steady play from me and so has his "mix tape," which I downloaded and played for months on my ipod.

Overall good work. Big fan of Drie Farben House here.
idealstandard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by idealstandard »

The first track is really cool, it reminds a little bit of some Jörg Burger productions on Kompakt. Thanks alot!