Me on Textone. Yay!

- free art
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

Hey guys/gals...

Would definately like to say thanks for listening!

In re: to the "bad" sound

I will say that the tracks are more bass heavy than the originals. The bassline in "fluents haircut" is somewhat distorted and maybe could have been a little softer. The person who mastered, played the songs on very nice studio monitors so im guessing in a live setting they sound good. (im using shitty home stereo speakers) I havnt heard them on a loud system so i cant really comment.

In re: burrito rolling contest

The track "Burrito rolling contest" seems to be getting most of the attention. Definately one of my favs out of the collection. When i made it, i couldnt really tell whether or not to scratch it. A friend told me that it was one of the most original pieces of edm hes ever heard from me....so i kept it.
VIVIANNEPROJECTS
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by VIVIANNEPROJECTS »

Thats nasty stuff Windy city rocker! Congratulations!!!! :lol:
Doctor T
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Doctor T »

Yeah, nice work Tom.
Tic Tac
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Tic Tac »

Wicked stuff

I've listened to it, in 1 word, POPKAN!!!

To bad your music not on vinyl yet :cry:

Can wait to give you a spin :wink:

Hope 2 hear you live in The Netherlands some day.
So much music so little time
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

And id love to come rock out the netherlands someday.

has anyone read the critical writing?

Anyone agree with what "rob" is saying? I could care less if you do, im just trying to understand.
Jesse Somfay
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Jesse Somfay »

I didn't even bother to read Rob's responses after a few sentences. They were clearly uneducated and not helpful. I wouldn't let them affect you.
butane
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

well...

Post by butane »

Look - all this "rob" bullshit aside, can we not agree that the mastering is a bit hot on these? open up the waveform and check for yourself. I'm don't know much when it comes to mastering, but I can certainly hear and see that these tracks weren't mastered all that well. I stand behind Textone 100%, and these tracks are awesome, but I'm a little confused why they sound like they do...

Can anyone shed some light on this? I'm really curious. We all try to get better at what we do, and I think a nice civilized discussion might benefit a few people - me included.

Tom - you mentioned yourself that the bass was a bit heavy - any others play these out on a club PA and have any impressions? I did, and I had to trim them down quite a bit when mixing.

??

-andrew
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

Ill post the original recordings as sent on the demo when i get a chance..youll notice a big difference.

The first four sound drastically altered. The last one sounds how it should.