- free art
dinamoe
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

[D1RGEZINSKAR0] Rico Puestel - Dirge/Zinskaro

Post by dinamoe »

Two cover versions done for fun and shared with everyone:

"Dirge"

Appreciatively intended cover version. Officially unreleased & unsigned.
Contains samples from "Dirge" by Perfume Genius.
Dedication goes to the original artist.

///

"Zinskaro"

Appreciatively intended cover version. Officially unreleased & unsigned.
Contains samples from "Zinskaro", a Georgian folk song performed by Vokal Ansambl Gordela.
Dedication goes to the original artist(s)/performers.

Rico Puestel on Facebook
Eldu
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: [D1RGEZINSKAR0] Rico Puestel - Dirge/Zinskaro

Post by Eldu »

Oh my gosh! Dirge is BEAU-TI-FUL!!!!

Zinskaro is not shabby either....
Isn't this sample from Werner Herzog's Nosferatu movie?
dinamoe
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dinamoe »

@Eldu: Thank you very much!

Here're some more facts and insights about Dirge:

http://www.facebook.com/notes/rico-pues ... 5202793150
dinamoe
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dinamoe »

Eldu wrote:Isn't this sample from Werner Herzog's Nosferatu movie?
Yes, you're right.
The Georgian folk song Zinskaro (performed by Vokal Ansambl Gordela) was used by Herzog - it's one of the very few "songs" in Nosferatu, not composed by Popol Vuh.
Eldu
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Eldu »

I'm sorry and I hope it's ok, but I have to post the further facts about Dirge taken from Facebook !
Never ever before, I noticed any electronic music producer having so much thoughts, ideas and background information of a deep and elaborated kind like this. Now, it's like discovering a whole new level beyond the music....
The basic material is pitched a whole tone higher than the original version by Perfume Genius, but not exactly to the point and slightly "out-of-tune". This has never been a tempo issue, it was intentionally done this way to modify the tone colour (particularly of the vocals), delicately lighten up the sentiment and tonally adapt it to the rhythm section - an easy method, but something I use much rather than almost intuitively include some hyper-modern premium-plugins. The harmonic architecture is now circling around the (lightly detuned) subdominant C major which I believe to be the most native harmony for several aesthetic and physical reasons. The pitch has been adjusted in the hundredths to a nicety until it was inherently consistent.

The general rhythmic disposition was reconstructed more non-linear in this "cover version" - offbeat situations were pointedly staged throughout the progression of the track. A deeper consideration of these moments will reveal another layer of structure and connections within.

Two text lines from the original version are missing on purpose - a fact to give some thought to. Furthermore, the lyrics are based on the poem "DIRGE" by Edna St. Vincent Millay.

- Rico Puestel
HE'S THE MAN !! I wonder why he's not a much much bigger name....