Please put release number or it will be removed !!!

- free art
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

instead of attempting to change the entire site and have a structured format to post releases..

PLEASE READ what is (already) asked in the announcement in regards to what information is needed in the title in order to post a release..

apparently we need TWO ANNOUNCEMENTS for people to understand. :? otherwise it will be removed.

please follow: [release #] - artist - title

thank you in advance for your time.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Re: PUT A RELEASE # OR IT WILL BE REMOVED !!!!

Post by Themis »

Please use the [URL] Tag for your links to Samples. Otherwise the Link will be broken if you edit your own Topic.

Thanks
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: PUT A RELEASE # OR IT WILL BE REMOVED !!!!

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

I whole heartedly agree with John's reiteration of common sense but I also have another suggestion for those who manage net-labels... just a suggestion of course...

Please follow the same format for file naming!

[lablerelease0001]name of artist (name of release) - Track name (name of remixer)

or

[lablerelease0001]name of artist - Track name (name of remixer)

or

name of artist - Track name (name of remixer)

Those are the best file name types. There is nothing worse than releases which are just a folder with a bunch of tracks like '01 - track name blah' '02 - track name bleh'

The truth is few people care about the folder of your release. Not everyone manages their music though iTunes's lame id3 file system. Very few if any sit down and listen to you the tracks end to end and in the order they are numbered in the folder and even fewer will keep an entire release. (I have an ipod... hate it. Sony MP3 player FTW!) People keep the tracks they like and toss the rest. Fact. It is just an annoyance when you have to go through music and rename tracks all the time. Keep things simple. Don't fck about with nonsense. Just make things clear and try your best to minimize the organizational burdens of the people who are the most appreciative of the music and will help to spread it.

edit: hmmm, maybe I should post this in the other thread too because one does not seem to be enough.